Presentation Skills for Radio & Podcast
What you'll learn
- Understand the Three Rules of Radio Presentation.
- Become an Effective Communicator.
- How to Become Known by the Radio Industry.
- Discover your 'Radio Voice'.
- No Presentation experience needed. This is perfect if you are in your first year of Presentation or have no previous formal presentation training.
This course is based on our 16 years as Presentation Coaches and 30 years each in the radio industry. It is everything we teach in our regular four week coaching sessions...all rolled into one hour of video tutorials.
The best way to use this course is to watch each section and then work on the exercises that go along with it. Then move onto the next section. It's best not to watch in one sitting.
Take your time. We have a lot of information here packed into a short course.
As you move through the content, think about how you can turn the information to your advantage. "How can I use this to help me in my career?".
The reason for saying that is because Presentation is a very personal medium and everyone approaches it differently. It's fantastic to know the rules but equally important to use them in 'your' way.
Tracey and I have used the material in this course all across the world with Radio and Podcast Presenters. It works in Dublin, Oslo, London, Paris, Malta, Toronto, Los Angeles, Melbourne. In fact, wherever people present.! So we know it will work for you.
Our mantra is to 'under-think' the process. Presentation is a skill but with the right training and guidance behind you plus some rules and formats, it doesn't need to be overwhelming.
We wish you the very best with this course.
We believe strongly in the content because we have seen it work. Again and again.
This content has been presented to audiences at NextRadio London, European Radio Show Paris, Radio Festival Malta, Radio Dager Oslo, Guldorat Stockholm and at over 150 Workshops across the UK and Ireland.
Who this course is for:
- The course is designed for anyone who needs to understand Presentation Rules and Skills but is short on time. It's also great for professionals to brush up on the basics as well as using the information to move up the career ladder.
Nails Mahoney has 30 years experience in radio across the UK, Ireland, Canada and Asia. These include Bauer Media (Today FM, 98FM), RTE 2FM, RTL, BBC and Corus Entertainment.
He is a TEDx and conference speaker and Accredited Trainer since 2007.
Nails & Tracey have coached over 5000 Presenters worldwide since 2007.
Tracey is an award winning audio producer and Accredited Trainer in Ireland and Malta.
She is a conference speaker and sound scientist.