Preparing for the System Design Interview
What you'll learn
- Theory of System Design
- What is system design
- What is a system design interview and what it should test
- A template that can be used on any system design interview question
- Many exercises throughout the course to help you get a hang of system design
- Easy to understand explanations
- Many case studies of real world systems which are mostly asked in the System design interviews
- Ways to tackle situations in different stressed conditions
- There are no requirements or prerequisites needed for this course!
System Design or High level system design tutorial
Almost all the companies ask for the design of various systems in their System design interviews. Mainly the system design round is for experienced people but top companies like Google, Facebook, Microsoft, Amazon and so on, are keen on asking the designs to even freshers. There is a dedicated one to two hours round for system design. The system design round has multiple purposes, the interviewer want to know your breadth of knowledge, they want to understand how do you approach an open ended problem and how do you handle stressful situations.
System Design is also known as High Level Design. High level design is nothing but deciding on what components we will be needing in our system, how all the components will communicate with each other as well as external systems and what we be the capacity of our system. These are important things while designing any system to make it reliable, available, consistent and efficient.
This course is designed in an incremental fashion, for the purpose of understanding. Initially, all the concepts and components of system design are discussed. A full proof step by step procedure is explained to tackle any system design problem. All the case studies are given in comprehensive manner and are designed by following these steps.
Who this course is for:
- All the software engineers that are looking forward to acing a system design interview!
Hi, I am Alex! I am an experienced software engineer, with a bachelor's degree in computer science, that currently makes a living developing software. My passion for writing code pushed me to work with companies from multiple countries as an employee. I also have some freelance experience, being fluent in various programming languages.