Preparing for the System Design Interviews
- 5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Students will get a good intro on key topics as well as how to approach a system design interview. The course covers real life case studies from frequently asked questions in interviews.
- How would you go about creating an Uber like App (Sample Question)
- Create an ecommerce app and scale it to millions of users (Sample Question)
- How would you create a website to sell movie tickets online ? Scale it to millions of users.
- Good computer science knowledge. Some knowledge of advanced system design concepts like OOPS, caching, hashing, data partitioning, i will cover these in the course too.
System design interviews are very common in big software firms. They are different from coding interviews or data structure and algorithm interviews but can be harder. They require a broad set of knowledge. Almost all the top software companies, be it google, amazon, uber have one or two rounds of system design interviews. After clearing the data structures and algorithm interviews if you do well in these system design interviews you can expect a very good offer from these firms.
This is a course to help students to prepare for system design interviews. It gives brief description on key topics and contains a case study. It is an actively developed course with more case studies and system design questions added frequently.
Some sample questions :
1. How would you go about designing an e-commerce website at scale ?
2. How would you go about designing the e-commerce website using microservices, how will you handle transactions ?
3. Design a chat messenger application like any famous chat messenger you have used ?
4. Create an autocomplete feature like word suggestions on search engines ? Scale it to millions of users ?
5. How would you go about creating a feed postings in a social network ?
- Anybody who wants to prepare for system design interview.
This is a short course on quick preparation and warm up for an interview on System Design. It contains description on key topics and provides resources to study in depth on those topics. It also contains a case study in the end that can help understand the approach that can be taken to face a system design interview.
This lesson covers the various aspects of a system design interview and tries to explain why they are important and what a candidate can expect in these interviews.
This lesson covers some of the basics for the system design interviews. It tries to convey what are the expectation the interviewers are having from the candidate for the system design interview. It also provides a general set of steps that can be chosen while approaching a problem for a system design interview.
In this lesson the twitter snowflake approach is covered along with the sample code for the same. If you are giving an example of this approach in your system design interview you would be expected to write the code for the same in your favorite language on the whiteboard.