Prepare Your Comic, Manga or Graphic Novel For Print
What you'll learn
- Understand the comic/manga/graphic novel production process from initial sketches to final artwork
- Feel confident about creating a comic/manga/graphic novel for print
- Turn an existing webcomic into a print-ready document
- Confidently converse with printers about a print job
- Ensure that their printed comic/manga/graphic novel looks slick and professional!
- Understand resolution, colour modes, printer's marks, and other technical aspects which can seem intimidating to the uninitiated
- Understand binding options and paper weights, as well as create impositions for saddle stitch comic magazines
- You will need access to a computer and scanner to prepare your work for print
- A program that can turn your scanned artwork into PDF's
>>Over 1000 students!<<
Have you ever wanted to make your own manga, graphic novel or comic?
Most aspiring creators focus on the art or the story, and forget about the printing process. But understanding the printing process is crucial to your success!
Learning about the printing process doesn't seem like much fun. It can even be stressful or boring. But now you don't need to worry about that! This course breaks the printing process down into easy, bite-sized chunks. In less than one hour you will learn everything you need to get started. That way you can focus on the part you love - making awesome stories with awesome art!
In this course you will learn about:
How the printing process works;
How to produce your comic/manga to make the printing process as easy as possible;
How large your artwork should be to get the best looking comic/manga;
How to set up your artwork for print;
All the technical aspects of print that scare people - don't worry, they aren't as hard as they look!
The one thing you MUST do if you want to sell your comic/manga through Amazon and Diamond Comics; and
Much, much more!
Who this course is for:
- People who would like to create their own manga, comic or graphic novel (even if you don't intend on printing it!)
- People who have created a comic, manga or graphic novel and are considering getting it printed
- People who are interested in self publishing their own comics/manga/graphic novels
- Anyone aspiring to be a comic book artist or mangaka
- Anyone who would like to learn about the printing process and how it applies to comics, manga and graphic novels
Hi, my name is Geoff and I'm a professional illustrator.
From a young age I have had a passion for drawing, inspired by comics, cartoons and the animal world. I taught myself to draw, and now I want to teach you!
Whether you want to draw for fun, or professionally, I want your drawing experience to be as easy as possible. I do this by pointing out simple observations that most students miss, and by sharing lessons from my 34 years of drawing experience.
I'll give you tips I learned when studying a Bachelor of Design at the College of Fine Arts in Sydney, Australia and knowledge I gained while working professionally in animation and illustration.