Mind Mapping for Public Speaking: Plan, Rehearse, & Deliver
What you'll learn
- Be much less dependent on using traditional notes for all forms of Public and Professional Speaking
- Understand how Mind Mapping can be used effectively to plan, rehearse, and deliver a confident lecture
- If you need to prepare regular presentations, how this course will improve your productivity
- Demonstrate the power of this technique for yourself through delivering a short lecture without using a script or notes
- See how Mind Mapping can also be used to commit a talk, speech or lecture to memory
- A desire to explore a different way to plan and deliver your lectures using Mind Mapping
- If you don't yet know what mind mapping is (or you don't know how to use it effectively) but you'd love to know about a quicker way to plan and deliver lectures, then this course shows you why you should learn it NOW
- If you already know how to create effective mind maps, this course will show you how to get started very quickly using the process of mind mapping to help you deliver great lectures
This short course shows you how to plan a talk, lecture, podcast or webinar in record time (what we call SMART SPEAKING). It also shows how to deliver any presentation without reading from a word-for-word script or without reading from slides or flashcards. Also during summer/autumn 2012 the course is being expanded by including I new section sharing my experience of using Mind Mapping to prepare and deliver a TED Talk
THE COURSE doesn't teach you how to do mind mapping (I've another course that does that). However the course walks you through how mind maps and the mind mapping process can be used to easily and quickly prepare, rehearse and deliver talks and speeches. For those that don't know mind mapping yet, this course is a great introduction to show you one of its greatest benefits.
In the course you'll be following a case study where you are taken, step by step, through an easy-to-use and effective process to plan, rehearse and deliver a lecture. Plus there are two short projects that give you an opportunity to put your own learning into practice.
For Mind Mappers: Do you just use mind mapping for occasional brainstorming exercises rather than to USE it everyday with practical business applications like planning and rehearsing presentations?
For Non-Mind Mappers: Have you avoided learning this technique because you can't readily see any useful practical applications? Well here is one very practical application
Speaking Skills: Can you present confidently to an audience without notes? Are you already a confident Public Speaker or do you require help?
Speaking Skills: Do you need to present effectively in front of a camera with a conversational style? Would you like to quickly construct audio recordings like podcasts for example? This course will help you become a better public speaker both to a live audience and in front of camera.
Speaking Skills: Do you need to reduce the time it takes to prepare and learn a new speech or present a new workshop?
Speaking Skills: The course shows you how to massively reduce your preparation time, overcome writers block, and if necessary memorise your talk, all using one simple technique on a single sheet of paper.
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who regularly delivers lectures but finds the preparation process very time consuming and would welcome a quicker and more effective way
- People with skills and knowledge that they'd like to share with a wider audience but are having difficulty scripting what they want to say
- A potential new or existing course instructor who has a great course in their head but is having difficulty structuring it or writing it down
- This course meets the needs of students who want to explore faster more effective ways to prepare a speech, lecture or course
- This course is not intended for instructors or trainers who already plan and deliver lectures using mind mapping
I'm a speaker, trainer, and personal development coach based in the UK with a special interest in the brain, accelerated learning and people development. My present focus is developing high quality, simple, innovative, life-skills based, video e-learning courses. I now have over 50,000 students in more than 160 countries - this is the reach and power of e-learning.
My 'MIND MAPPING MASTERY' Course is currently the NUMBER ONE Personal Development course in the mind mapping niche, with more than twice the number of enrollments and ten times the number of four and five-star reviews compared to the next most popular course. A course that's genuinely worth paying that little bit extra for.
A bit of background information about me:
I've worked in schools, colleges and universities in the UK, and also in the corporate and SME sector, working with students, teachers, apprentices, managers and leaders. My background is actually in clinical science where I ran an NHS Clinical Biochemistry Department in a District General Hospital and I was also a Quality Consultant to my local hospitals and local Health Authority. I also have an active interest in Health and Healing.
Back in 1996, after training in 'mental literacy' with Tony Buzan (the inventor of Mind Mapping), I set up my own training company the House of Learning. A year later, I put some of my new skills to the test and competed in the World Memory and the World Speed Reading Championships (silver medal position in the latter). Altogether, I have 20 years experience working in the personal development sector and in the field of business leadership. I am also a teacher and practitioner of Reiki and I have a Udemy course about the 'Science of Healing'
'Mind Mapping Mastery' was my first course in this marketplace and I now also have a 'Smart Learning' , 'Smart Speaking' and a 'Smart Teaching' course all of which incorporate mind mapping into the teaching. I have several more courses in the pipeline. Many of my students have English as a second language and they find my courses easy to follow.