Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training, Part 1 (Yoga Alliance CEdu)
What you'll learn
- Learn how to develop a safe, self loving and nurturing prenatal yoga practice
- Students will learn how to incorporate all tools of yoga; asana, pranayama, meditation, yoga nidra, mindfulness, positive thinking and healthy diet
- Learn how to feel amazing in mind, body and spirit so you can have the most joyful and amazing journey of pregnancy
- Existing yoga teacher will learn how to safely guide their students through the 9 month period
- Have an understanding of the common conditions experienced during pregnancy and how to prevent, alleviate, and or reduce these symptoms
- Learn how to design sequences that are therapeutic in nature and address the most common complaints during pregnancy
- An introduction to Ayurvedic tips and recipes
- Candid talk about the the need for positive self image
- How to prepare for the 4th Trimester
- Previous yoga practice is beneficial but not a requirement. Existing Yoga teachers who wish to register their course completion certificate with yoga alliance will need to be an active member of the Yoga alliance directory.
Learn how to develop and offer a very safe, nurturing, self loving prenatal yoga practice. Gain the knowledge required so you can create sequences that are therapeutic in nature and address the most common pregnancy conditions.
Our Online Course offers a balanced mix of theory and practical exercises providing you with valuable knowledge and tools to teach yoga to pregnant women and new mothers safely and confidently. This program Is ideal for anyone who would like to learn how to develop, and or guide, a safe, nurturing, self loving prenatal yoga practice; yoga teachers and pregnant practitioners alike. It is also ideal for those who wish to work towards completing a complete 85 Hour Prenatal Yoga TTC.
This comprehensive online course contains a mix of multi-media including video, audio and written materials.
Yoga Alliance members, can register their certificate with Yoga Alliance and it will satisfy the 3 year CE requirements. This course is recognized as 30 Contact Hours.
What you will receive:
-A comprehensive self paced, online prenatal yoga course offering a balanced mix of theory and practical lessons
-A mix of multi media delivery: Video, Audio, and PDF downloads
-Certificate upon completion which existing yoga teachers can use to satisfy their 3 year continuing education requirements for Yoga Alliance Membership.
What you can expect to learn:
-Benefits of Yoga and general guidelines for a safe prenatal yoga practice
-The 3 trimesters: changes in mom and fetal development
-Modifications for each trimester
-Posture and Alignment
-Most common conditions
-The pelvic floor
-Prenatal Posture Groups
-Use of Props and restorative postures
-Modified Surya Namaskar Sun Salutations
-How to sequence based upon emotion and physical state of mom
-Which posture groups to offer and which to avoid based upon conditions
-Natural remedies and Ayurvedic Tips to reduce intensity of some common symptoms
-Overview of the stages of labor and birth
-Yogic tools for labor
-Active birth and Yoga
-Preparing for life after birth
Who this course is for:
- This program has been designed for students who wish to learn how to develop a very safe and nurturing prenatal yoga practice and also for existing yoga teachers who wish to learn how to safely and confidently offer yoga to their pregnant students. This program will satisfy your 3 year CEC requirements with Yoga Alliance and will count as 30 contact hours. The course is also ideal for those who wish to develop a safe, nurturing yoga practice while pregnant. This is module 1 which can be applied toward a complete Prenatal Yoga Teacher Training Certificate with Suddha Anand Yogshala
Shara has long been passionate about exploring the benefits of yoga and Ayurveda for healing and enhanced physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing. Shara has been a keen yoga practitioner since 2003, teaching yoga in India since 2012, and in 2015 founded Suddha Anand Yogshala, in Rishikesh & Varkala India – offering yoga teacher training courses in the areas of Hatha, Ashtanga Vinyasa, Advanced Yoga & Ayurveda, and now Prenatal and Postnatal Yoga.
Shara became incredibly passionate about Ayurveda and Yoga therapy after she experienced profound healing (after incorporating both elements into her life), on 3 separate occasions. These life changing experiences motivated her to dive deeply into study and exploration and she has been sharing this knowledge with others ever since.
Shara was destined to share the practices of yoga and Ayurveda after life circumstances lead her to raise her then 1.5 year old daughter on her own while pregnant with her son. Not only did she manage to do it on her own, but she had a beautiful journey of pregnancy, an incredibly empowering birthing experience, and her healing process was exceptionally smooth after both pregnancies. These exceptional experiences are all a result of her yogic practices and the incorporation of Ayurvedic diet and lifestyle principles.
Shara looks forward to sharing these powerful methods with everyone so they too can tap into their inner strength and healing power to find peace, strength and stability in mind and body.