Pregnancy Yoga for Strength and Endurance
- For this course you just need a yoga or exercise mat, a blanket and a pillow or cushion.
- No previous yoga or meditation experience necessary.
- Please consult a doctor before taking part in physical exercise during pregnancy.
Yoga and meditation can be a wonderful way to connect to your breath, your baby and your body during pregnancy. This free mini course is guided by yoga instructor Alice Rawsthorne, who is qualified in prenatal and postnatal yoga (certified by MOGA, a Yoga Alliance approved teacher training school specialising in pre & postnatal yoga). The focus of all of these classes is to increase mental and physical strength and endurance, to support body and mind throughout pregnancy.
This course is for you if you're looking to...
- connect to your body and bond with your baby
- take some valuable Me Time
- learn breathing techniques and movements to support you in pregnancy and labour
- find some inner strength and resilience
What's included in this course?
The course includes:
- A guided breathing exercise to connect with your inner strength
- A 45 minute pregnancy yoga class, with a focus on building strength and endurance
- A mantra meditation to cultivate more bravery and confidence during your pregnancy
The yoga class in this course is suitable for pregnant people from 14 weeks into your pregnancy onwards, and includes variations for postures to suit your body. Please speak to your doctor or healthcare provider before taking part in physical activities during pregnancy.
What are the benefits of pregnancy yoga?
Prenatal yoga can help to:
- improve sleep
- reduce stress and anxiety
- increase strength, control and endurance of muscles needed for childbirth
- decrease lower back pain, headaches and shortness of breath
- release physical tension and achy muscles
- increase body awareness (a wonderful skill to use during pregnancy and labour)
- feel more connected to your body and your baby
Have any questions? Drop us a message on Instagram @pregnancyyogauk . See you in class soon!
Who this course is for:
- Pregnant People
- Pregnant Women
My yoga journey began as a way to help manage anxiety and mental health, and I fell in love with the feeling that the practice of yoga gives you both physically and mentally. My aim is to encourage others to take some Me Time - to move and breathe and flow and feel good.
200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training with Yoga Union Bali (Yoga Alliance certified)
65 Hour Prenatal & Postnatal Yoga Teacher Training with MOGA® (Yoga Alliance certified)
150 Hour Yoga Diploma (CPD certified)
Yoga Anatomy Training (Jason Crandell)
150 Hour Meditation Teacher Diploma (CPD certified)
Mental Health First Aid (MHFA England)