Pre-Intermediate English Level I: Part One
- 4 hours on-demand video
- 17 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Communicate effectively using positive, negative, and question forms of the Past Simple.
- Communicate effectively using comparatives.
- Accumulate a vocabulary of 250+ nouns, verbs, adjectives, adverbs, and phrasal verbs.
- Confidently produce the active language skills of speaking and writing English.
- Build upon the passive language skills of reading and understanding spoken English.
- Completion of Elementary English Level I and Level II. (Helpful but not essential.)
- Familiarity with the Present Simple and Present Continuous.
- Familiarity with about 300-500 vocabulary words in English.
This course covers further basics of the English language for false beginners and lower level intermediate learners. (About level A2 on the CEFR: Common European Framework of Reference for Languages.)
Included in the course are:
- More than 250 vocabulary words
- Grammar: Comparatives
- Verbs: Past Simple
- More than 150 multiple choice questions and various reading, writing, speaking, and listening exercises to help students practice and implement the language skills they have learned. All exercises are reviewed with correct answers and explanations.
- False beginners of the English language.
- Lower level intermediate students of English.
- Students at level A2 (or A1 but almost A2) on the Common European Framework of Reference for Languages (CEFR).
- A basic familiarity with English, but little if any formal classwork.
- Students who have completed Elementary English Level I and Level II.
Review the correct answers for exercises 1-2 after completing the attached Practice Exercises resource.