Practice with the Mystic Shaman Healers of Ancient Greece
What you'll learn
- The essential features of Ancient Greek Spirituality
- Wonderful ancient practices of Divination, including Hydromancy (water divination)
- In depth exploration of two of its towering figues, Empedocles and Parmenides
- How to bring the principles of Greek Spirituality into your life today!
- No prerequisites, just an open mind and a willingness to engage with the practices
Ancient Greek Culture has been woven into the fabric of Western Civilization since its birth over 2000 years ago. We know about the teachings of Plato and Aristotle and their followers but what about the enigmatic figures that stood behind them? Figures like Empedocles and Parmenides that we will be exploring in this course. For me these practical mystics, you could call them Western Shamans represent a kind of jewel, hidden and forgotten in the fabric of our lives. They still walk with us but they've been sidelined... sometimes purposefully so.
But who were these ancient 'so called' Pre-socratic figures really? What did they practice? How did they view human life? and what can they offer to us today? To understand this its useful to explore more about Ancient Greek Spirituality. So that is what we will also be doing in this course! Many will be familiar with some of the Greek Myths and understanding the people who crafted them can help us understand and remember more of who we are.
What was practiced in the ancient Greek Sancturaies dedicated to the Gods, the healing dream sanctuaries and at the great mystery traditions like Eleusis?
In this course we will go on a voyage of discovery into the world of Ancient Greek Spirituality and we will examine what we have can reclaim by exploring this aspect of our cultural heritage.
We will also explore and tune into what we can potentially rekindle in ourselves through the kind of 'soul remembering' that these figures knew so well. In many ways these figures were like Western Shamans and holders of Healing Lineages and can give us an insight in how we can approach Western Shamanism today.
===What to Expect===
Expect to dive deep into a treasure house of practices and perspectives that lie as a half forgotten foundation of western culture.
- An overview of perspectives and practices of Ancient Greek Religion
- Your opportunity to take part in a rekindling of the Eleusinian Mysteries including a Shamanic Journey to find the Goddess Persephone
- Detailed examination of the Vision and Teachings of two great Mystic Sages Empedocles and Parmenides
- Learn about the ancient practice of Dream Incubation Healing with the god Asklepios and how we can practice it today!
- Over 8 hours of material mixing exploration and practical exercises
- Practical Exercises to Awaken your Psyche, Body and Mind
- Learn the sacred ancient arts of divination through hydromancy (water divination) and Cledomancy (word divination)
- Learn also how to awaken intuition to become a natural diviner
===About the Facilitator===
Your facilitator and multiple Bestselling and Highest Rated tutor Tom Llewellyn has 20 years of experience within the realms of meditation, psychic development, Kundalini, celtic spirituality, western shamanism, lucid dreaming, astral projection and sound healing. He's also a trained and skilled teacher of Kundalini Yoga and has written two books. Here on Udemy we have over 14000 students from over 130 countries. So enrolling on our courses you are becoming a part of our vibrant global community.
Who this course is for:
- All those interested in Ancient Greek Spirituality and Western European forms of Shamanic like practices
I have twenty years experience across a range of spiritual traditions. I offer events around the themes of meditation, lucid dreaming, astral projection, Kundalini yoga, buddhism, sound baths and creative ritual. I'm a keen practitioner of Kundalini Yoga and I teach four weekly classes of Kundalini Yoga in the Uk. I am fully insured to lead workshops in meditation, lucid dreaming, astral projection, Kundalini yoga and sound healing.
I have a KR1 220hr+ Yoga Alliance recognised qualification to teach Kundalini Yoga . I have a Diploma in Astral Projection, and I also have a Diploma in Sound Therapy and Sound Healing. I have written two books, The Initiation: A Progressive Spiritual Manual and Kundalini: The Path to Regain the Divine. Both are available on amazon.
In my more everyday life I have a background as a licensed GOALS trainer in positive psychology and confidence building. I'm currently based in the South West of the Uk and run a collective of Spiritual Facilitators, and often work in community development for a housing charities. I was involved with Green Politics for many years and was a City Councillor between 2006 - 2010.
I offer people an approach to spirituality that is both grounded in the fundamental principles of spirituality; the will to awareness, ethics etc, but that also embraces and draws on the wisdom of various traditions.