This course is not affiliated with Scrum org in any manner. The statements made and opinions expressed herein belong exclusively to the author and reviewer/s of this publication, and are not shared by or represent the viewpoint of Scrum org.
The Professional Scrum Master I examination is the ultimate certification for Agile Scrum and increases your salary prospects by allowing you to gain recognition of your Scrum expertise from colleagues and peers. This essential resource is an absolute must for preparing for the Professional Scrum Master I exam and includes everything you need for success.
If you prefer self-study over the more expensive training courses, but you don't want to skimp on information or preparation, then this set of practice exams will give you the confidence to PASS your PSM I examination in your first attempt.
Organized around the Professional Scrum Master I exam syllabus, the practice exams addresses the key concepts of Scrum theory and values, Scrum team roles, Events and Artifacts and how they interconnect, know the purpose and understand the key terms and Agile Scrum practices relevant for the Professional Scrum Master I examination.
As you prepare for your certification exam, there are some common-yet-powerful techniques that can make sure you’re not overlooking anything in your preparation. So many professionals prepare for a certification by reading a book and then they’re disappointed if they don’t pass the exam. The reality is, knowing the source information is only a small part of the preparation most people need to go through in order to take their certification exams.
The practice tests are timed and at the end of each practice test, you'll receive a score, along with feedback on each and every question telling you exactly why each answer is correct so that you can pinpoint the areas in which you need to improve and perform some additional studying. You should attempt to get at least 90% in each of these practice tests. Remember, you'll need to get 85% or 68 out of the 80 questions correct in order to pass the real examination. You can take these practice tests as many times as you want. Since these questions are based on the real examination questions, the more you practice, the easier it will be for you to pass the actual examination.
Today, I am sharing tips and tricks that will allow you to pass your certification exam regardless of your level of expertise in service management.
1. Get thorough with the Scrum Guide well in advance- Scrum Guide and Scrum Glossary are the most significant resources you must get through with to pass this exam. In addition, you should apply the knowledge to real life scenarios to understand the concepts.
2. Have a stable internet connection- You can take up the certification exam at the comfort of your home, with a stable internet connection, since this is an online examination.
3. Carefully read all the questions- There are multiple-choice questions, multiple answer questions, and true/false questions. Make sure to read and understand everything carefully and clearly.
4. Choose a feasible time slot- A preferred and well-prepared time slot mentally helps you to score higher in the exam.
5. Do not spend too much time on a single question- Never invest too much of time in a single question.
6. Answer the confusing questions at the end- If a question is confusing, do not waste time on it, instead mark it to answer at the end.
7. Be aware of remaining time – The certification exam is challenging due to the time limit and the high percentage of correct answers required to pass the examination. You have 60 minutes to answer 80 questions and therefore, time management is essential to pass the exam. Ensure That you answer all the questions within the given time. If you don't put yourself under pressure in the mock exams, you'll be stressed in the real exam.
8. Look out for word tricks- Sometimes, questions can get tricky based on the usage of words. For example, look out for differences between attend vs participate, could vs should, can vs must etc.
9. Eliminate obvious wrong answers - Eliminate the obviously wrong answers to arrive at the best answer. Keep a watch on specific keywords in the definitions in the Scrum guide and look out for those keywords in the questions or the answer choices.
Take as Many Exam Practice Questions as You Can
Certification exam practice questions are the most valuable resources to pass the actual Certification Exam with confidence! This will help you refresh all the information that you have learned during the duration of your study. This is very important if you want to pass. Some of the things you learned in the beginning of the course may have slipped your mind. Additionally, by doing the practice questions, you can see what areas your strongest and which ones you need to focus on more before the exam day.
Practice Makes Perfect
These practice questions are similar to the actual exam and practice makes perfect. You will become faster at answering the questions correctly and be prepared for anything that comes your way.
Take Time for You
You may think that studying for weeks on end leading up to the exam, is a surefire way to pass, but this is a myth. You must take breaks to take your mind completely off the exam, or you will suffer from information overload.
Preparing to take a certification exam does not have to be hard if you prepare to prepare. It is highly recommended that you start by reviewing the Scrum guide and form a study group so you have support the entire time. Obviously, you have already made it to the final stretch subsequent to a course of study. Therefore, you know the information to pass, you just must make sure that you make your weaknesses into strengths and then you are guaranteed to pass your exam.