Public Speaking Short Course For Busy People
- 42 mins on-demand video
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- More self-belief and confidence in Public Speaking
- More willing to say 'Yes' when asked to make a speech
- Improved self-confidence
- No prior knowledge required.
- Be ready to challenge your own pre-conceived ideas of what you are capable of.
- Move ahead by learning the skills required to deliver an effective speech in a variety of settings
During this course, we will look at the importance of preparing for a speech, either for an informal setting such as Father of the Bride speech, or a more formal conference or boardroom setting.
Learn practical tips through the use of our videos and downloadable PDFs to help you to develop and improve your skills.
Find out about "Verbal Viruses", "The Corridor", and Quick Tips for Every Day.
Be the best that you can be with our instructors from Maximum Edge.
- Anyone who is daunted, fearful or anxious about public speaking
- Anyone who is worried about an upcoming speech, in their working or personal life
- Anyone who completely avoids giving speeches and feels it is holding them back
- Anyone who feels they could make improvements to how they deliver their speeches
Discover what the Curriculum will include in this short introduction to Public Speaking.
Meet the Instructor, Dave Sheridan
There are many situations where a personal speech is required.
In this lecture we focus on two examples, and point out the best ways to plan and deliver them, from the point of view of:
1. A Father of the Bride
2. An Elite Athlete giving a speech at an event
Professional Speeches may seem very daunting but this video should help you to overcome some of the pitfalls.
The downloadable PDF gives tips on making good first impressions over the phone - something which you can practise doing, before you do the same thing face to face.
Using a funny tale to understand how some of us process worries about events that have not happened yet, and may never happen!
Become more aware of these feelings and you should be able to start to conquer those worries.
Find out how to deal with the unpredictable Question and Answer session. Some people deliver a highly effective speech but get completely thrown off course by the Q and A session at the end. Don't lose your cool when it matters most. Stay switched on and be confident to answer anything which is commented on or asked about.