Practical Oriented Analysis of Financial Statements
- A basic idea of financial statements and an interest in deciphering the financial health of a company.
This course is meant for beginners and it attempts to explain how a line item in financial statements correlates with overall health of a business. It is meant for those who are interested in understanding the significance (rather than definition) of each element of financial statements and interested in fitting them together to get the overall picture.
- Those who are interested in learning basic and practical aspects of financial statements.
- The Course Contents01:29
- Balance Sheet and P & L Statement in Their Basic Form08:22
- Cash Flow Statement in its Basic Form07:28
- Depreciation - How it affects P & L statements10:08
- Inventory - How it Gets Converted Into COGS07:40
- Working Capital, Cash Flow Cycle and Financial Health06:46
- Balance Sheet, P & L and Cash Flow - A Schematic03:27
- Financial Analysis - A Few Points To Ponder03:04
- A Refresher of Financial Statements8 questions
A mechanical engineer & an MBA by education, I am currently working with a mid-sized firm, handling the responsibility of streamlining the management information reporting specifically for manufacturing department. I have overall experience of around 8 years in domains of operations, program management and financial reporting. I have interest in understanding how operations affect the financial metrics for an organization and have studied pharma, retail, FMCG industries for the purpose.