Practical OAuth, OpenID and JWT in C# .NET Core
What you'll learn
- Understand OAuth, OpenID and JWT
- Implement Microsoft Identity (OpenID) server side and client side
- Consume any OAuth provider using .NET Core C# 5.0
- Consume any OpenID provider using .NET Core C# 5.0
- Create and configure your own Identity Provider
- Use a 'Front door key' pattern to secure your applications
- A basic understanding of what OAuth is used for
- Basic development of Web APIs in C# .NET Core 5.0
- Basic development of React Single Page Applications (Optional)
OAuth (2.0), OpenID, and JWT pretty much go hand-in-hand with new web application development today. Especially for an enterprise setting where security controls are the top priority!
In this course, we will focus on the key understandings needed to put these technologies and standards into action.
We will build practical examples using .NET Core C# 5.0.
By the end of the course, we will have spanned both basic and complex integrations of Identity services.
Supporting a custom Identity provider in your application is a real bonus (if not a requirement) for Enterprise customers.
Many of the 3rd party services and tools used to implement authentication and authorization are easy to switch on with a few lines of code.
However, without this practical hands-on experience integration OAuth, OpenID, and JWT, Enterprise grown Identity Providers are often out of reach.
This course is for you if:
You've never worked with OAuth, OpenID, or JWT in your applications before, or,
You've used example code from Microsoft documentation with varied success or confidence in the solution, or,
You want to understand how these standards are leveraged in native .NET Core code, or,
You want to understand how to implement identity-based Microservice APIs, or,
You want to integrate with a custom Enterprise Identity Provider built on OAuth or OpenID
Who this course is for:
- Beginner and intermediate developers who want to learn and overcome OAuth integration challenges
- Cloud architects who want to understand common OAuth integration challenges
- Developers who need to implement OAuth or OpenID in their application and must integrate a custom enterprise identity provider
Microsoft Certified Trainer, Cloud Solutions Architect, hands-on coder, and cloud-native junkie (...and a very busy dad!)
I enjoy sharing my passion for cloud architecture and code design patterns with others in the hope of continually evolving my own understanding and skills.
Throughout my 16+ years of career in IT, I have been fortunate enough to always work in a multi-disciplined role.
I am an IT professional at the core with strong expertise in cloud-native application development and strong experience in business management and professional consulting.