Practical Mindfulness for Business Success: Be More Mindful
What you'll learn
- Cultivate improved relationships at work and at home
- Be able to apply various mindful techniques to improve productivity and focus
- Be more resilient in the face of challenges, mistakes and perceived negative events
- Use new cutting edge problem solving and time scheduling techniques to improve creativity and workflow
- Be able to deal with mental, emotional and physical stress better
- Understand the transformational, bottom-line, Return on Investment (ROI)-improving role of modern mindfulness in a corporate or entrepreneurial environment
- Have a catalogue of practical mindfulness techniques to apply to and improve their everyday work-life
- Improve their general sense of fulfillment, happiness and life satisfaction
- You don't need any prior knowledge or experience. In the course you will learn and practice everything you need to know.
We live in a time where constant connectivity offers amazing opportunities to have access to wonderful moments from all over the world, almost limitless entertainment, and information on demand.
And yet we have never been more stressed, unbalanced or experiencing life on autopilot...
PRACTICAL MINDFULNESS FOR BUSINESS SUCCESS is a course in which game-changing research on neuroscience, focus and productivity has been curated in a practical and easy-to-understand way.
Combining this insightful modern research with the ancient discipline of Mindfulness gives you as a business owner, employee or entrepreneur the opportunity to take your business activities to new heights, but also to experience greater feelings of well-being, lower levels of stress and an improved sense of life satisfaction.
With a varied toolkit of practices and techniques that don’t focus primarily on meditation, this course is perfect for anyone who wants to experience everyday life with more self-awareness and presence.
In the course, you’ll explore the origins of and latest spins on Mindfulness, and begin to understand why Mindfulness is revolutionising the business world right now. Big corporations like Google, Goldman Sachs and Intel are increasingly focussing on mindfulness programs because it is the exact medicine that our fast-paced stressed-out lives need, and in search of greater productivity, success and employee satisfaction companies are realising this.
They are seeing the benefits of their mindfulness investment in bottom-line Return on Investment (ROI), and so can you!
You will learn a unique Mindful Problem-solving Technique that allows you to tap into your awesome intuitive problem-solving capabilities.
You will also be taught a Mindful Stretching Routine to do right at your desk, which was specially developed for this course by a Registered Physiotherapist, to enable you to effectively dispel tension building up in your muscles when you sit for prolonged periods of time.
· How to deal mindfully with email and Social Media,
· why Purposeful Procrastination is the key to creativity
· how to build Resiliency by practising mindful Mental Hygiene when confronted by a mistake or perceived negative event, and
· how to switch your brain from Exploitatory mode to Exploratory mode for more innovative bandwidth...
These are just some of the varied and interesting topics you will explore on this journey into Practical Mindfulness.
Every lesson comes with a different practice that will add another tool to your Mindfulness toolkit and you will learn how to put together all these tools to create new habits to balance your daily Mental and Emotional bank account in a mindful sense.
This course will guide you step-by-step in how to start adding more richly textured moments to your life and how to make the most of your natural rhythms, time-blocking that works and mindful scheduling for easy peak performance.
The main advantage of this course is that it is imminently practical and that it includes easy-to-do steps that will make a big difference to your focus, productivity, overall happiness and stress levels.
By the end of the course, you will:
know how to add rich textures to more of your moments,
be self-aware about your state of being more often and
have begun developing beneficial mindful habits that can last a lifetime.
This course comes with over 2 hours of video-based lessons encapsulated in bite-size training, worksheets and downloadable resources.
You can progress at your own pace, as fast or as slow as you’d like and you can study anywhere, anytime, using any device.
Who this course is for:
- Entrepreneurs, managers or employees that want to deal with and balance their modern day work/life stress better
- Employees or entrepreneurs that want to learn practical techniques and habits to be more productive, creative and happy at work
- Anyone that wants to apply mindfulness to cultivate better relationships with clients, colleagues and their families
- Remote or hybrid workers finding it challenging to focus and separate their work or private life moments or are finding life bland and boring
- Managers that want to learn how to improve their employee engagement and productivity, and how mindfulness is transforming the modern day workplace
- Anyone who wants to learn the art of experiencing richly textured moments to improve their happiness, satisfaction and overall wellbeing
In my courses you learn practical skills: "I feel like I am in a real classroom." - Kira Minehart
"What an amazing course! After finishing this course, I have confidence. Thank so much Dr Peter Alkema". Or Tulongeni Shilunga: "This is exactly the jump-start I needed. Very clear and concise"
I also help lead digital transformation at FirstRand, the biggest financial services group in Africa. I've been featured on CNBC Africa and won the Gartner CIO Of The Year in 2016. I founded and led the largest banking hackathon in South Africa which was published in 2019 as a case study by Harvard Business School.
I've taught over 17,000 students about business, academics and self-development. In 2020 I completed my PhD at Wits University In Johannesburg. The study introduced a ground-breaking theory of Agile software development teams. My woodworking book was published in 2014 and has sold over 10,000 copies.
Olugbenga Gbadegesin: "Excellent delivery" / Lebogang Tswelapele: "This is what I have been longing for" / Paskalia Ndapandula: "Peter speaks with so much clarity" / Amantle Mangwedi: "It was straight to the point and the sections are cut into nice short segments which made it easier to go through" Kathy Bermudez: "Excellent material. Well organized..."
Werner van Wyk: "Thank you Peter, once again your lesson and course have given me so much knowledge and understanding" / Yvonne Rudolph "I really look forward to take everything i learned in action" / Josephine Mahlangu: "exactly what I needed to know, absolutely valuable and helpful for my personal growth"
I am passionate about making a difference in people's lives, through various tools, techniques and methods. The author of two books, Dive In - Unlocking happiness and Miracles, and Fabulous 365, a collection of daily affirmations, inspirations and reflections, I have been involved in the personal growth and inspiration field since 2016. As an online course facilitator and inspirational keynote speaker, I believe in collecting moments and treasuring connection and helping others do the same. I am also a Mindfulness and Meditation teacher on the international App Insight Timer.