Practical Jupyter Notebook from Beginner to Expert
What you'll learn
- Install Python, setup windows new terminal, install Jupyter notebook and create Jupyter notebook, create working directory and access it from the terminal
- Create, insert equations, embed images, audios and videos into Jupyter notebook and align them in Jupyter notebook
- Change themes, use widely used shortcuts, smart code completion plugin, multi-line cursors, popular magic commands , install packages directly in Jupyter notebo
- Create basic plots, interactive plots and interactive plot widget in Jupyter notebook
- Create a content table for a single or multiple notebooks, and convert notebook to a instant and live slideshow and a standalone web application
- Solve unavailable problem of Built-in terminal of Jupyter notebook on Windows, Solve problem of R unable to install packages on onedrive on Widows
- Basic knowledge of Python, or other programming knowledge would be advantage to grasp the skills more quickly.
This course consists of 7 sections, including 30 lectures, which cover the core of the Jupyter Notebook from the basic concepts, operations to detailed applications. It includes
(1) install Python, setup windows new terminal, install Jupyter notebook and create Jupyter notebook, create working directory and access it from Windows terminal;
(2) create, display and run .py file, run external IPython files, formating text with Markdown and HTML in Jupyter notebook;
(3) create tables, insert equations, embed images, audios and videos into Jupyter notebook and align them using Markdown, HTML, Magics, IPython functions, etc.
(4) change themes, use widely used shortcuts, smart code completion plugin, multi-line cursors, popular magic commands , install packages directly in Jupyter notebook, as well as use the built-in terminal;
(5) create basic plotting, interactive plotting and Interactive plot widget in Jupyter notebook;
(6) make a content table for an inside Jupyter notebook and for multiple notebooks , convert notebook to a presentation slideshow, and transfer a notebook to a web application.
This course uses practical examples to help you understand and grasp the Jupyter Notebook from a beginner to an expert in an easy and quick way. This one course is enough for you to grasp almost all aspect of the Jupyter notebook
Who this course is for:
- Programmers, business analysts, data analysts, statisticians, and data scientists, who want to learn how to use Jupyter notebook for code writing, data analysis and machine learning
- It is also helpful to students and academic faculties, who are learning and teaching Python, data analysis and modelling, and machine learning.
- But it can be for anyone who loves Python and Jupyter notebook for his/her projects
Nearly 20 years of research and teaching experience and 10 years of entrepreneur and management experience in computer modelling and simulation, big data analysis, machine learning algorithms; Ph.D. in Environment and Resource Management; Postdoctoral scientist, and Ph.D. supervisor in Environmental System Modelling; Research associate and Visiting scientist in Forest Hydrological Ecosystem Modelling; Industrial Professor, Adjunct Professor teaching AI and machine learning courses and Postgraduate supervisor in Deep reinforcement learning and Computer vision; Senior Research in R&D of real time monitoring and early warning system platform for water protection, human safety and health; Participated in or hodeling 12 international research projects; Participated as an invited key speaker in 12 scientific conferences and workshops; Having 27 software copyrights, 4 patents and over 40 pulications.