Practical Game Development in Unity 4: Level 1
- Beginner-level understanding of C#
- Unity Standard (the free edition) available on Unity's homepage
- Visual Studio or MonoDevelop (which comes bundled, free, with Unity standard)
This video series is all about the practical approach to using the tools made available to us in Unity 4 to create our very own video game! We will be creating a Missile Commander clone; which allows us to explore many of the techniques we can employ in our own projects: such as collision detection, asset management, level management, basic GUI implementation, particle effects and more!
The purpose of this series is to lead by example; and as a result, everything we discuss will be put to immediate use in the form of completing our game.
Who this course is for:
- Beginner-level programmers who want to learn how to create games using Unity
- People who have never even touched Unity before
- People who have used Unity to some extent, but want to explore new techniques for authoring games
3D Buzz is a company dedicated to providing the world with quality technical education over 3D animation, programming, game design, and much more. We have been producing training videos since 2001, always pushing the envelope in the development of informative lessons with an engaging and personable format. We try to make the viewer feel more like they're involved in a classroom discussion with an energetic teacher as opposed to being stuck in a dry, uninspired, run-of-the-mill training video.
But 3D Buzz is so much more than just training videos. We maintain one of the most helpful online communities on the internet. We do our very best to keep in close contact with our community, and to make sure that when you're here, you feel at home.