Practical Instructional Design for eLearning
What you'll learn
- List the steps for designing a course
- Ask the right questions to get a complete brief
- Create a detailed course outline
- Analyse the content by asking the right questions
- Storyboard your course
- Design effective assessments
- Provide effective feedback
- No prior experience required!
This course focuses on the real tasks that instructional designers perform on a daily basis. You will understand how to begin the Instruction Design process from the moment you are handed a client brief. This online tutorial will show you all the steps to follow, and questions to ask right from the brief stage to the point where you will complete your final storyboard.
Welcome to Instructional Design!
· Want to prepare yourself for the real tasks that instructional designers perform on a daily basis
· Have only theoretical knowledge but don't know where this theory fits in
· Feel you have gaps in your understanding about the instructional design process
Then this course is for you!
The course is divided into the following ten sections:
Step 1: Finalise the Brief
Step 2: Fill in the Content Outline
Step 3: Analyse the Content
Step 4: Chunk the Content
Step 5: Create Relevant Objectives
Step 6: Decide the Treatment
Step 7: Storyboard the Course
Step 8: Create Assessments
After completing this course, you should be able to:
Understand the brief and ask valid questions
Create a detailed content outline
Analyse the given content, identify gaps, and ask important questions
Chunk the content into appropriate sections
Create relevant objectives designed for your course
Decide the best treatment for every screen of your course
Storyboard your course using the template that works best for you
Create effective assessments that map to your objectives
Who this course is for:
- Those who want prepare themselves for the real tasks that instructional designers perform on a daily basis.
- Those who have some or no knowledge of instructional design theory, but are missing out on where this theory fits in the practical sense.
Meghaa Shah is an experienced instructional design and eLearning specialist who helps companies and individuals create impactful and instructionally sound eLearning courses.
Through her extremely practical approach, she’s here to help you understand the basic foundation of instructional design, with the promise that you will not be daunted by instructional design theories, models, and confusing technical terms.