Practical Customer Development
What you'll learn
- How customer conversations go wrong, and how to fix them
- How to ask good questions to avoid biased and unreliable data
- How to transition from learning into sales
- Dealing with tricky situations like marketplaces or hostile meetings
- How to spot problems in your recent meetings and to build the processes to avoid those mistakes in the future
- Mom Test
- A bit of familiarity with the concepts from Lean Startup wouldn't hurt, but you'll be fine without it.
EVERYONE IS LYING TO YOU
They say you shouldn't ask your mom whether your business is a good idea, because she loves you and will lie to you.
This is technically true, but it misses the point. You shouldn't ask anyone if your business is a good idea. It's a bad question and everyone will lie to you at least a little. It's not their responsibility to tell you the truth. It's your responsibility to find it.
IT'S WORTH DOING RIGHT
Talking to customers is one of the foundational skills of both Customer Development and Lean Startup. We all know we're supposed to do it, but nobody seems willing to admit that it's hard to do right and easy to screw up.
This course is going to show you how customer conversations go wrong and how you can do better. It's a quick, practical 2 hours of videos and workshops that will save you time, money, and heartbreak.
DESIGNED FOR TEAMS
While you can certainly benefit from this course as a solopreneur, the 4 workshops within it are designed to be done together with all the key decision makers from your team: product, sales, strategy, and any others whose jobs depend on understanding the customers.
You'll finish with a customer learning plan, an audit of your recent key meetings, and a simple bare-bones process for capturing and spreading your customer insight in the future.
Hope you'll join us!
Who this course is for:
- Anyone who is interested in creating a new startup, business, or product
- Current or aspiring entrepreneurs
- Anyone who is launching a new feature or update to their current product
Tech entrepreneur of 10 years and YCombinator alum who has raised funding in the US & UK. Have built products used globally by brands like MTV and Sony. Author of The Mom Test book about how to talk to customers and learn if your business is a good idea when everyone is lying to you, which is now taught at top universities like UCL and Harvard. Living in Barcelona.