Practical Counselling Skills
What you'll learn
- The skills needed to become an effective counsellor
- Professional skills to serve personal and work relationships
- A range of listening skills which can be utilised within any chosen career
- How to design a series of counselling sessions in a helping relationship
- The importance of maintaining self-care practices for success within your personal and professional life
- How technology plays a role in Counselling
- Be able to read, understand and speak English
- No previous experience of counselling is required to join in this course
- This training can be studied anywhere with a stable internet connection.
- Access your training course from a tablet, smartphone, or desktop.
Are you passionate about making a difference in the lives of others? Do you want to learn some new skills? Are you keen to gain insight into the role of a Counsellor?
If you answered 'yes' to any of these questions then this Counselling course is designed to help improve your current skills and gain some further knowledge about what the Counselling profession entails as well as giving you the opportunity for personal development to practice these skills in a reverse range of settings.
This helpful course allows you to become aware of the essential skills needed in order to become a Counsellor whilst providing you with how to apply these skills to your practice. It provides you with both tools and exercises to encourage you with developing your current communication skills and becoming aware of how you can develop these skills to enhance the way you work with others.
The course has 22 sections altogether where you will be asked to complete a short practical exercise at the end of most sections. This is to encourage you to reflect on the section's content and test your knowledge about what you have learnt.
By the end of the course, you would have learnt about:
Essential skills that are needed for Counselling practice along with examples of these skills
How you can effectively utilise each one of these skills in your life
Counselling Process and what this process entails
Useful tools and recommended readings you can take away with you
Who this course is for:
- Students, Professionals, Individuals looking to enhance their skills
- Individuals who are interested in becoming Counsellors
- Anyone who has an interest in learning counselling skills, and who has an opportunity to practice the people skills learned on the course, will benefit from enrolling in this Counselling Skills Course
- This course is for everyone and can be applied to many occupations such as coaching, social work, management, leadership, teaching, and human resources.
Reni Sharma holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Psychology and Criminology and has completed a Postgraduate Diploma in Counselling Psychology. Additionally, she has many years of experience working with a diverse range of individuals, ranging from youths, elderly and adults where she was supporting them with achieving their life goals and overcoming any obstacles they may be facing. One of her many achievements involves undertaking a Mental Health placement in Sri Lanka, where she was given the opportunity to achieve an award for the “Best Mental Health Worker”. This involved working with a diverse range of individuals by counselling them on their mental health issues.
Born in the UK, Reni Sharma has worked with individuals and couples as well as organisations and focuses on tailoring her approach by integrating multiple disciplines and methodology such as Cognitive Behaviour Therapy, Solution Focused Therapy and Mindfulness Therapy.
She has gained experience working internationally in Sri Lanka due to her extensive training and experience in the use of specialized methodology, tools and approaches to help clients seek out a holistic approach to balance the mind, heart and physical being through the intelligent combination of modern science and hands-on healing to help clients seek out a holistic approach to balance the mind, heart and physical being through the intelligent combination of modern science and hands-on healing.
She focuses on creating a trusting and supportive environment for her clients. In her role as a facilitator, listener and mentor, she holds a safe space and offers guidance and support for her clients to face challenges in various areas such as anxiety, depression, relationship issues, life transitions, stress management, parenting issues, divorce/separation, grief and loss as well as empowerment and life coaching and move in the direction they envision for their lives.
With her previous experience in case management, complemented by my dedication to providing critical assistance to vulnerable individuals in need, she is committed to delivering the best Counselling Skills training Course which is tailored for you.