Certified Practical Business Continuity & Crisis Management
What you'll learn
- The course aim is to teach the practical elements of planning and executing a business continuity and crisis management Plan.
- The Student will learn the basics of risk, business continuity and crisis management.
- The Student will understand the value of having a BC Plan in the context of a business operation.
- The Student will learn about the risk that obstacles to business continuity can present to an organization.
- The Student will learn how to put an effective business continuity plan together.
- The Student will learn how to communicate effectively in a crisis.
- The Student will learn how to implement a program of Business Continuity in a modern organization, just as it is done in large organizations.
- The Student will be supplied with a template for their plan.
- The Student will be supplied with a full range of over 30 tools, templates and resources to assist with all aspects of Business Continuity Planning.
- An interest in acquiring skills in the practical deployment of Business Crisis Management and Business Continuity Planning.
- A basic appreciation of risk and organizational exposure to it would be useful but not essential.
This course gives you all the tools, templates, resources and knowledge you need to implement a practical business continuity and crisis management plan.
A certificate of completion will be awarded by Peter Coughlan & Associates Limited on completing all modules.
The course enables you to:
1. Spot the real risks to your business
2. Ensure you have measures in place to deal with those risks
3. Ensure you bounce back faster when disruption happens
4. Deal effectively with crisis situations, giving you the edge over those who are not prepared
5. Give your business the best chance of survival in the face of disruptive events
6. Upskill a Team Member to run a Business Continuity Planning program in your business and give the the tools to deliver that program!
Who this course is for:
- Owners of small and medium-sized businesses.
- Students wishing to upskill in 'Crisis Management for Business'.
- Students wishing to upskill in 'Business Continuity Planning'.
- Any Students or Business Owners who wish to implement or initiate a program of Business Continuity Planning in a practical sense.
Peter Coughlan brings almost 30 years of people leadership, Coaching, and industry experience to his courses. His career to date has covered the Pharmaceutical, Bio-pharmaceutical, Turnkey Logistics, and Industrial Construction sectors where he occupied roles at all levels from tactical execution to global facing managerial positions.
Now as a coach and course instructor, Peter applies his real-world Coaching experience and qualifications to pass on his knowledge to others who want to move their lives forward.
Peter has worked with a wide range of organizations from Fortune 500 companies to others recognized for their class-beating innovation. His ability to connect with people, his management experience, and his grassroots familiarity with execution give him a unique insight and perspective on developing relationships with people at all levels of experience. This valuable formula is the catalyst in developing collaborative relationships that work to support both people and organizations in achieving their goals.
Peter’s experience has seen him transcend many roles in highly regulated environments. From hands-on manufacturing to engineering support, process management, and supply chain project management, he has led global teams in the procurement space and represented company interests at the highest level of client-supplier interaction.
Peter has worked cross-functionally to deliver on projects with teams and partner companies at every point in the supply chain. As Supply Chain Facilitator, he partnered with Quality Assurance, Quality Control, Manufacturing, Logistics, Purchasing, and Material Operation departments to deliver on the creation of a service-driven organization in a major Pharma organization. In BioPharma procurement, he collaborated with US Colleagues to build a global team in the area of category management.
Expertise and Credentials
Peter’s qualifications include an Honors Bachelor of Science degree (BSc. Hons) in Process Plant Technology and a Bachelor of Business Studies degree (BBS), both from the Cork Institute of Technology. He is also a Certified Manufacturing Engineer (CfMgE).
Peter holds a Diploma in Personal and Management Coaching from University College Cork. He is certified in Lean to Green Belt level and is qualified in project management. Peter is also a member of the Association for Coaching. He has successfully led teams and coached people at every stage of his career.
Almost twenty years in the Pharma and BioPharma space has ensured Peter’s cGMP, quality, and safety training are second to none as this is a prerequisite in the Irish Pharma sector.
Peter lives in Cork, Ireland with his wife and daughter. His passions outside work include guitar collecting and road cycling.