Practical Beginner Excel 365
- You must have a version of Excel to work with
- No prior knowledge of Excel is required
Excel is the spreadsheet tool of choice for over 750 million people. Originally designed around the red books used by accountants with columns and rows, it was used to store information and carry out basic calculations. Now Excel is used for way more than that. Not only is it a powerful calculation tool and record keeper but it is also a tool for reporting and analysing.
With so many features and functions available getting started with Excel can be daunting to many. However, it doesn’t have to be difficult to learn Excel and this course is designed to take you step by step through the Basics of Excel.
By the end of this course, you will be comfortable navigating an Excel workbook, entering and formatting data, setting print options, inserting objects to a worksheet and much more.
This course is made up of 4 modules
Module 1 – Your First Look at Excel
Getting started with Excel can be daunting for many. There is so much to learn and knowing where to start can be difficult. What is a cell? What is the formula bar? Don’t you use ribbons for your hair? If all this jargon is foreign to you, don’t feel alone. We are here to help. This module is aimed at those looking at Excel for the first time.
By the end of this module you will be able to
· Open and Save Workbooks
· Navigate the Ribbons to find commands you need
· Enter Data and formulas
· Navigate a workbook and select data
· Edit the quick access toolbar
Excel is equipped with many tools to help you work with data. Basic tools, such as autofill can reduce the time you spend entering data, Sort and filter will allows you quickly find and work with contents of a worksheet with ease and formatting will allow you present your report in an easy to understand way. Learning to modify your data with these basic tools
By the end of this module you will be
· Comfortable using Autofill
· Know how to cut, copy and paste
· Have the ability to sort and filter data
· Able to present your data in a formatted Style
Module 3 – Print and View Options
There is nothing worse than receiving a workbook prepared by someone else only to print it and find the print options have not been adjusted. Before you print a workbook or worksheet or before you share the workbook with someone else that may print it, you should always check to ensure print options are set correctly. By the end of this module you will be able to
· Preview and print
· Adjust page, margin and sheet options for printing
· Insert Headers and Footers
· Freeze panes
· Switch between different views available in Excel
Module 4 - Insert Options
Excel gives you the ability to insert picture, shapes, tables, charts, slicers and many other features that enhance the view and user functions of your workbooks and worksheets. Tables are often used to quickly summarize data along with charts, slicers and sparklines. By the end of this module you will be comfortable
· Inserting and format pictures and shapes
· Inserting tables
· Inserting and formatting charts
· Using slicers, timelines and sparklines
Who this course is for:
- This course is NOT suited for experienced Excel users
- This course is aimed at those new to Excel or those that really need a basic refresher Excel course
- 00:48Module 1 Introduction
- 00:12Before you forget
- 03:10Excels Help features
- 01:12How do I open and save an Excel Workbook?
- 04:56Opening and Saving Workbooks
- 01:13What are the Ribbons
- 07:05Excel Orientation
- 01:30How do I enter data to excel
- 01:08How do I add a formula?
- 05:48Entering data and formuals to Excel
- 00:43How do I navigate a workbook and select data?
- 00:46How do I use and edit the quick access tool bar?
- 03:55The quick access toolbar
- 00:58Learn and Earn Activities
- 5 questionsModule 1 basic excel quiz
- 1 questionModule 1 practice
- 00:30Module 1 Conclusion
Paula is a qualified CPA with over 15 years' experience in the fields of Accountancy, Business Management, Process improvement, Internal Audit, Group accountant, Operations Management and Training. All across a broad range of industries and sectors. Paula has been Key Speaker at many Accounting Events where her talks on Excel are received very positively. Taken from her experiences in Accounting and business fields, Paula also has Udemy courses for those wishing to upskill, especially in the area of Spreadsheets, Bookkeeping and Accounting.
In 2020 Paula was awarded with a Microsoft MVP award for her dedication to Excel and the Excel community.