- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the difference between PR and marketing
- Come up with interesting hooks for your game and connect it to the right audience
- Explain and pitch your game to press
- Set up a press kit for your game
- Write a press release for your game
- Contact journalists in a personal and efficient way
- Set up press meetings for events and prepare for them
- No prior knowledge is required. This course walks you through the process.
- You should have access to a computer with internet connection.
Learn the fundamentals of PR for video games
- How do you explain your game?
- What to include in a press kit for your game?
- How do you write a good press release?
- What is the best way to contact journalists?
- How do you pitch your game to a journalist?
The aim of this course is to help you get started with PR for your video game. You will get theory and hands-on tips about finding your game's unique selling points (USP), putting together a press kit, writing a press release, and pitching your game to a journalist. We'll dive into the when, where & how of contacting journalists, using examples of press releases and emails.
This course combines theory with experience, and provides you with practical examples through interviews with PR professionals in the games industry.
This course includes interviews with:
- Katie Stegs (Lumi Consulting, Crossy Road)
- Leonie Manshanden (Indie DevKit, Call of Duty, BioShock Infinite, Mortal Kombat)
- Nino de Vries (The Next Web, Power Unlimited)
At the end of this course, you have a solid foundation to tackle your game’s PR plan.
- Game developers doing their own PR
- Students interested in PR for video games
- Anyone who wants to understand how PR works in the games industry