- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 32 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- I promise that by the end of this course you will fully understand how to become a 'Voice in your Industry', Known and trusted by influential bloggers, freelance journalists and editors. Everything from developing a professional media plan to getting quality coverage, on-line and off.
- An open mind.
How to master PR - for start-ups and copywriters
This course will benefit freelance copywriters. That’s my profession and PR has been central to my client services.
- How to develop a professional online/offline media plan
- How to find the trusted bloggers, the editors, publications and freelance journalists that specialize in your area of interest. Focus is everything.
- How to find journalists with a tight deadline ‘on heat’ for information on your specialization
- How to write and USE online press releases, traditional press releases, and sales-lead generating ‘pseudo’ press releases.
- How to schmooze bloggers and the press
- How to create a story when there is no story
- How to find out well in advance which topics are going to get the ‘special feature’ treatment by printed journals and online portals
- Links to free software that will boost your productivity
- Why and how you should create an online Press Room
- Understanding keywords, where to use them and where NOT to use them (and almost every other course seems to get this wrong!)
- How not to confuse hyper-activity with effectiveness - and how to measure your success accurately
- And lots more
Become the online and offline ‘Voice’ in your sector - fast
Two key strategies mark out successful start-ups from the also-rans. One is an effective online media strategy, the second is a strong PR strategy. Achieve both, and you will quickly become a trusted, respected ‘Voice in your Industry’. And both can be achieved on a very, very tight budget.
I’ve been involved in a number of start-ups, growing fledgling companies into multinational operations, and achieving their exit strategies. In this course I use real-life client examples from the software sector, including a four-man start-up that achieved free national and international prime-time TV coverage in its first 12 months. A going-nowhere software house that became world leader in the pharmaceutical sector. A husband and wife company that went on to a stock exchange flotation. Start-up security companies that both became leading multinationals.
This course is a perfect accompaniment to my course ‘Become a copywriter - quit the commute and make money from home'.
- Start-ups, fledgling companies and company owners who have not yet leveraged the power of the media. Freelance copywriters, too will benefit.
See how other start-up clients have made the big time, with PR a central plank to their growth strategy. Some novel approaches.
It's all very well talking about focus, but how do you find the bloggers, the journalists, editors, portals and journals that focus specialize in writing the stuff YOUR marketplace is reading. Dead easy - and free.