Copywriting Public Relations - master PR publicity skills
What you'll learn
- I promise that by the end of this course you will fully understand how to become a 'Voice in your Industry', Known and trusted by influential bloggers, freelance journalists and editors. Everything from developing a professional media plan to getting quality coverage, on-line and off.
- An open mind.
How to master PR - for start-ups and copywriters
This course will benefit freelance copywriters. That’s my profession and PR has been central to my client services.
- How to develop a professional online/offline media plan
- How to find the trusted bloggers, the editors, publications and freelance journalists that specialize in your area of interest. Focus is everything.
- How to find journalists with a tight deadline ‘on heat’ for information on your specialization
- How to write and USE online press releases, traditional press releases, and sales-lead generating ‘pseudo’ press releases.
- How to schmooze bloggers and the press
- How to create a story when there is no story
- How to find out well in advance which topics are going to get the ‘special feature’ treatment by printed journals and online portals
- Links to free software that will boost your productivity
- Why and how you should create an online Press Room
- Understanding keywords, where to use them and where NOT to use them (and almost every other course seems to get this wrong!)
- How not to confuse hyper-activity with effectiveness - and how to measure your success accurately
- And lots more
Become the online and offline ‘Voice’ in your sector - fast
Two key strategies mark out successful start-ups from the also-rans. One is an effective online media strategy, the second is a strong PR strategy. Achieve both, and you will quickly become a trusted, respected ‘Voice in your Industry’. And both can be achieved on a very, very tight budget.
I’ve been involved in a number of start-ups, growing fledgling companies into multinational operations, and achieving their exit strategies. In this course I use real-life client examples from the software sector, including a four-man start-up that achieved free national and international prime-time TV coverage in its first 12 months. A going-nowhere software house that became world leader in the pharmaceutical sector. A husband and wife company that went on to a stock exchange flotation. Start-up security companies that both became leading multinationals.
This course is a perfect accompaniment to my course ‘Become a copywriter - quit the commute and make money from home'.
Who this course is for:
- Start-ups, fledgling companies and company owners who have not yet leveraged the power of the media. Freelance copywriters, too will benefit.
For the past 20 odd years Len has run his own business, Copywriting On Demand and manages The-Writers-Guru.
He works from home, writing copy for organisations around the world - and lots of them have become personal friends.
With forty years' experience in marketing, he spent three years in Paris responsible for IBM product marketing in 14 countries across EMEA.
His biggest market is the USA, followed by the UK, the Arab states and the Netherlands. His business comes via the web and his website attracts more than 1,000 visits a day.
Clients are as diverse as Vodafone, The Finance Leasing Association, Lloyds, PricewaterhouseCoopers, the BBC, a number of multinational pharmaceutical companies - even a TV 'Secret Millionaire'.
Married for more than 50 years (a world record?) he has three sons.
He lives in a rambling old vicarage in Yorkshire that has the distinction of having been built by the Brönte sisters’ Uncle Fennel. Charlotte’s earliest recorded letter was written from the vicarage during one of the children’s brief holidays there.
His interests have included competitive rallying (including an attempt at the Monte Carlo Rally and the Paris Marrakesh), and paragliding. These days he is content with art and opera.
Vacation time aside, Len aims to answer student queries within hours.
Hi, my name is Sean Kaye and I have the luxury of solving varied and complicated problems using technology for a living.
Ever since I can remember, I've been fascinated by the way technology evolves to more efficiently and effectively help people get things done.
For the last 20 years of my career, I've worked with large companies to apply leading edge technology to deliver results and to help them achieve their desired business goals and outcomes.
I've been involved with every major wave of technology since the early 90's working with companies to connect to the internet for the first time, designing early web-enabled ecommerce platforms through to cloud computing and hybrid IT over the last ten years especially.
During that time, I've worked with the technology of every major platform and vendor in the public and private cloud space such as: VMWare, Google, Microsoft and Amazon.
In my spare time over the past decade, I setup and run a few of online marketing services businesses with my wife. This area has expanded my mind and skillset into things like SEO, Copywriting and Content Marketing. In particular, I've been able to combine these online marketing skills with my technology and management experience to help people setup and operate their own online businesses successfully.
I'm originally from Toronto, Canada but have been living in Sydney, Australia for the past 21 years with my wife and son.
Udemy has been a great experience for me having taught over 70,000 students since starting back in 2013 and I look forward to helping you achieve your ambitions and dreams.