PowerQuery M code language Part4
What you'll learn
- This is M code Part4 and this course will provide the information on List Generate and List Buffer type of functions
- This is an advance level and one should already know M code very well, especially about Lists and table functions.
- You will learn how to use recursive functions like a loop which can take different inputs every time it runs.
- Advance functions for data analysis and data strucuring.
- Knowledge of M code is required. This is Part4. If you are new, please check three parts before this.
Please note that if you have seen previous Parts of M code series then only it will be a fun and clarity. This part 4 is not for beginers . If you know how to use lists, functions and how to write syntax in m code, pls go ahead and take this course.
M code Part4 is talking about List.genrate function and how to use it as a function in real life plus other functions also in focuss.
Introducing the list generate function in M code.
What is a list generate function and how its parameters work
What is the initial parameter, what is the conditional parameter and execution parameter?
How to use list generate function using two variables or even more than two variables and how to know the number of variables we have to use.
We have started from a beginning and have tried to explain the Concept of this function is clear step by step.
There is a 4th hidden parameter which students never see and infact , even they know they don't know how to use it and what is the use of same.
What is the role of an optional parameter in list generate function and how does it work.
How to know where do we use square brackets , commas especially in a code where it is using data.
How to convert list generate into a function which takes inputs and then connect it with the real data
Table sort function in real data
Table select column function
Table select rows function
How to combine two columns in a sequence using Mcode interface.
How to approach a problem - with function and without function - which one is better
Who this course is for:
- All those professionals who are data analyst or data scientists and want to learn how we can clean and structure the data we want using M code of Powerquery.
I have been teaching online from 10 years now and teaching is my hobby and passion. I cannot think of anything better than teaching and shaping up students career. Enroll today and take your knowledge to the next level. My training content is my proud and you will not be disappointed. I teach advance Excel, Excel VBA, MS Access, Access VBA, PowerQuery, M code in Powerquery, PowerPivot,DAX Formulas,Power BI and WebScraping using html libraries in VBA.