PowerPoint & Persuasion
- 1 hour on-demand video
- 2 articles
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- The powerpoint tricks that strategy consultants use tell a persuasive story
- How to decide which types of presentations to use and how to organize your story
- How to use persuasion science to use emotion & create powerful memories in your audience
- How to use the MECE and Pyramid Principle frameworks to help you structure your ideas
- Have Microsoft PowerPoint installed and have a basic understanding of business
Do you want to know how to create a compelling presentations?
Do you want to learn how to create PowerPoint slides like a McKinsey consultant?
Do you want to learn the science of persuasion and how you can use it to create memorable content?
ABOUT THE COURSE
This course is based on my 10+ years working as a strategy consultant and as an expert in sitting through hundreds of presentations and reading countless reports that made me want to cringe.
I want to help you be better than that. I will help you communicate simply, powerfully & persuasively.
This is a course I created as a result of my work with StrategyU, which I created to share the secrets of an industry I tried so hard to break into over ten years ago.
IN THIS COURSE YOU WILL LEARN:
How to use the MECE and Pyramid Principle frameworks to help you structure your ideas
How to decide which types of presentations to use and how to organize your story
The powerpoint tricks that strategy consultants use tell a persuasive story
How to use persuasion science to use emotion & create powerful memories in your audience
BONUS: 100+ CONSULTING TEMPLATES
A customized deck of 100+ templates based on real consulting team slides that you will actually use
DETAILED TOPICS WE WILL COVER
How to use mutually exclusive, collectively exhaustive to simplify information
How to use the pyramid principle to structure your ideas
How to use MECE and the pyramid principle together
How to use writing to strengthen your presentations
The different logical arguments (deductive vs. inductive) you can make in a presentation
Indirect versus direct communication methods for different audiences
Recruiting neural reward mechanisms to make habits sustainable
Writing slide headlines to match the content
Tricks to tell a continuous story in PowerPoint
14 PowerPoint hacks to make your own consulting template slides
7 persuasion tips for memorable live presentations
How to use perceptive, cognitive & affective persuasion to create memorable content
- Undergraduate and graduate students who want to prepare for interviews in strategy consulting
- Professionals working in research, knowledge & analytical roles who want to improve their ability to craft stories
- Freelancers who want to level up their presentation skills