Power your home and businesses with Solar Energy!
What you'll learn
- Grasp the basics of electricity: (Voltage, Amperage, Resistance, Power), Basic Circuits: Series vs Parallel, Earthing, Single and Three Phase, Laws of Physics
- How Photovoltaic Electrical Generator (P.V.E.G) Systems are arranged: Grid-Tied, Off-Grid & Hybrid
- The benefits of adopting Solar Energy into your life
- Understand how PV panels work and which electrical characteristics to consider
- Understand how Inverters work, which specifications to look for how to size appropriately.
- Appropriately select and size PV panel arrays, inverters and battery banks to the required electrical load of your specific project
- An in depth look at the basic wiring of a PVEG System
- A background with electronics and electrical experience.
- An interest in renewable energy resources
It is possible! You can sustainably, reliably and consistently power your home or business's electrical loads by utilising the abundant energy available from the Sun!
WHY YOU SHOULD TAKE THIS CLASS?
The benefits of adopting such technology into your lives are the following:
Reduce your carbon footprint
Decrease your electrical bill by harnessing the free energy available from the sun
Increase your property's value of up to 2-3 times the value of your PVEG system
Worry less about power outages from your national grid utility provide
WHAT YOU WILL LEARN
In this course we dive into the knowledge you'll need to know in order to design your own P.V.E.G (Photovoltaic Electrical Generator):
The fundamental laws of physics that electricity follows
The basics of your homes electrical circuity
How different PVEG's are arranged: Off-grid, Grid-tied and Hybrid
The building blocks of PVEG's -
Li-Ion Battery storage
How to size them appropriately for your specific needs
A shopping list of all the components, consumables and tools you'll need
A basic wiring schematic diagram on how to connect your PVEG system
WHO IS THIS CLASS FOR?
Home owners and first time buyers
By the end on this course, in a three part series, you'll have gained the knowledge to design your own PVEG. However, it is best recommended that any installations of such technology be guided or conducted by a qualified & professional electrician or engineer.
May your PVEG projects shine bright into the future!
Who this course is for:
- Homeowners looking to rely less on the national energy grid and further their understand PVEG Systems.
- Small-to-medium sized business owners looking to invest in renewable energy and assist in reducing their electrical expenditures
- Electricians looking to improve their knowledge on PVEG's
- Anybody who interested in renewable energy and planning/designing or building their own P.V.E.G
David Ritchie is a Solar Ecoprenuer, film-maker and music-producer based in sunny South Africa. He has a passion for sustainable development and aims to highlight ways in which humanity can adapt and move forward through the adoption of renewable energy resources. He is managing director of Abela Solar, a solar installation service and supplier in the Gauteng Region.