Power System Protection Fundamentals - Series1
What you'll learn
- Understand the complex theory of symmetrical components
- How do we use symmetrical components in setting circuit breakers and relays
- Learn the building of symmetrical components
- We will look at some of the examples of symmetrical components
- Understand the A operator for ABC phase sequence
- Design and working Mechanism of a Relay
- Mechanism and Applications of Different types of relays
- Need of Selective Coordination and how to achieve it
- Learn Time Current Characteristic Curves for different breakers
- Basic Electrical Engineering
When we think about the operation, construction and components used in Power System. The most important factor which may lead to sever damage when neglected is the protection of Power System. Power System protection is the most essential and crucial study of Electrical Power System which deals the different schemes for power system protection. This course aims to teach you all the fundamentals of Power System Protection in much detail.
This is Part 1 of Power System Protection Fundamentals series. In this part, we will discuss the most tedious and complex theory of symmetrical components that are found in different types of faults. We will also cover the requirements needed to design protective devices and the applications of these devices through a schematic diagram. In next part, we will analyze the effects of all types of faults in power system along with the easy hand on calculations. To develop your strong concept on fault analysis we will discuss how faults can be identified by analyzing waveforms.
I have been creating high quality video tutorials about Power Systems since 2015 and focus specifically on the fundamentals. It is dedicated to the people who make power and energy work and make sure that Power Systems are safe, reliable, operable, protected and well designed. But it takes time and money to continue delivering high quality video tutorials. My goal is incredibly simple. I want to make Power Systems Intuitive, Open and Free to everyone, everywhere. Your purchase will allow me to keep making valuable technical videos free for those who can't afford it and keep the doors of knowledge open to everyone. Thank you for supporting me.
See you on the other side. Thank you and take care.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for Electrical Engineering students who have keen interest in Power System Protection. This course is also useful for qualified electricians, professional engineers, EITs, drafters, equipment reps, suppliers, and distributors who want to refresh their knowledge on Power System Protection.
Abdur Rehman is an experienced professional with over 8 years of experience in the Utilities industry with a particular focus on Power Systems operation, protection and System studies. He has been an active participant and Young Professional Leader (Volunteer) in the Greater Seattle Area. Perhaps most importantly he has always been passionate about education and his dedication to the development of General PAC platform that is the key motivation behind these courses.
Completing his BSEE, MSEE and Master’s in Engineering Technology Management from Washington State University, Abdur Rehman has extensive practical experience when it comes to engineering design, field experience, and leadership in the Power Systems Industry.
He worked in the Electrical Utility and consulting sector and brings a wealth of knowledge, explosive insight, and thoughtful prospective in his courses and tutorials. Today, Abdur is an Engineering Manager at AllumiaX, LLC and Principal consultant at EPSFresno.
In a nutshell, all GeneralPAC by AllumiaX courses are special because of his love to share knowledge in the most intuitive way possible.