Power Engineering: Power System Analysis - Part 1
What you'll learn
- The types and connections of power system loads
- The power triangle, complex power, and complex power flow
- Three-phase power analysis
- Use of per-phase analysis of balanced three-phase systems
- Fundamentals of Power Engineering
- Basic knowledge of AC circuits
- Prior knowledge of circuit analysis
This course is the first part of a multi-part course series about one of the main areas of electrical engineering: power system analysis. Power system analysis is the core of power engineering and its understanding is therefore essential for a career in this field. In this first course of the multi-part course series, you will learn the fundamentals of power system analysis. The course is divided into the following sections:
1. Power in Single-Phase AC Circuits: in section 2, we will start discussing the analysis of power systems, starting from power analysis in single-phase circuits. We will also be discussing the power triangle, complex power, and power flow, which are all key concepts needed to understand more complex topics in power system analysis. We will finish the section with a practice test (includes detailed solutions).
2. Power in Three-Phase AC Circuits: section 3 is where we get to the core of a power system analysis, i.e., three-phase circuits. We will discuss the types of arrangements of power system loads (e.g., delta or wye connected loads) and will introduce the concept of per-phase analysis of balanced loads. We will finish the section with a practice test (includes detailed solutions).
In each section, several examples are solved to illustrate how to analyze real-world power systems.
By learning all the fundamentals about power system analysis, you will be able to continue your study of power system analysis for a career in power engineering and electrical engineering.
Remember that Udemy offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. I am also always available for questions while you go through the course to ensure everything is clear.
See you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Anybody with an interest in learning about power systems and power engineering
My name is Ricardo Romero and I am an Electrical Engineer with over eight years of experience in Power Systems. I obtained my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Electrical Engineering from The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I am also a licensed Professional Engineer in Power Systems in the states of Arizona, Louisiana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Virginia in the United States.
Although my professional experience is mainly in Power Systems, I am also passionate about other topics in Electrical Engineering including Analog Electronics, Control Systems, Digital Design, Digital Signal Processing, Electric Machinery, and Power Electronics. I gained knowledge in these areas of Electrical Engineering during my undergraduate and graduate studies, as well as during my professional career, and am excited to teach about them in Udemy.
My goal is to create high quality courses that cover both the theory behind a topic as well as real-world applications. Should you have any questions regarding any of my courses, please feel free to contact me.