Power System Analysis Fundamentals
What you'll learn
- Significance of per unit systems in power system analysis
- Understand the tedious formulas of calculating per unit equivalents
- Learn the concept behind power factor by phasor diagram
- Unlock the techniques to improve power factor
- How to decide capacitor size for power factor correction
- What does the term “Balanced Power” mean?
- Learn important rules for balanced system
- Understand the balanced set of phasors
- Learn basic power flow equations
- Learn steps of newton raphson method
- The jacobian matrix
- Understand how ybus matrix is derived
- Explore the ways to intuitively understand behavior of the types of power
- How to accommodate change in base values of components
- Basic Electrical Engineering
This course aims to teach you the fundamentals of power system analysis, making tedious calculations in power system studies easy to understand for you. As we all know a power system comprised of heavy equipment needs to be analyzed properly under all operating conditions. In order to make the analysis methodologies easy to calculate and simple, I will teach you how power systems can be simplified more by incorporating per unit systems. Furthermore, you will learn how the tedious formulas of the per-unit system can be used to evaluate power flow study.
I will also introduce you to the term power factor along with a detailed discussion on the advantages and methods to select the proper size of power factor correction equipment. Then, I will start building your concept from the very basic explanation of balanced three phase power and important principles for balanced system. By the end of this part, you will have a strong idea on the significance of balanced three phase power.
Once you are familiar with the basics of balanced three-phase power, I will introduce you to the power flow concepts including understanding and solving power flow equations using Newton Raphson and Ybus admittance matrix. By the end of this module, you will learn how the power flow equations can be solved easily without any high consumption of time.
I have been creating high quality video tutorials about Power Systems since 2015 and focus specifically on the fundamentals. It is dedicated to the people who make power and energy work and make sure that Power Systems are safe, reliable, operable, protected and well designed. But it takes time and money to continue delivering high quality video tutorials. My goal is incredibly simple. I want to make Power Systems Intuitive, Open and available to everyone, everywhere. Your purchase will allow me to keep making valuable technical videos and keep the doors of knowledge open to everyone.
See you on the other side. Thank you and take care.
Who this course is for:
- This course is for Electrical Engineering students who have keen interest in Power System Analysis. This course is also useful for qualified electricians, professional engineers, EITs, drafters, equipment reps, suppliers, and distributors who want to refresh their knowledge on Power System Analysis.
Abdur Rehman is an experienced professional with over 8 years of experience in the Utilities industry with a particular focus on Power Systems operation, protection and System studies. He has been an active participant and Young Professional Leader (Volunteer) in the Greater Seattle Area. Perhaps most importantly he has always been passionate about education and his dedication to the development of General PAC platform that is the key motivation behind these courses.
Completing his BSEE, MSEE and Master’s in Engineering Technology Management from Washington State University, Abdur Rehman has extensive practical experience when it comes to engineering design, field experience, and leadership in the Power Systems Industry.
He worked in the Electrical Utility and consulting sector and brings a wealth of knowledge, explosive insight, and thoughtful prospective in his courses and tutorials. Today, Abdur is an Engineering Manager at AllumiaX, LLC and Principal consultant at EPSFresno.
In a nutshell, all GeneralPAC by AllumiaX courses are special because of his love to share knowledge in the most intuitive way possible.