Power Start in Project Management
What you'll learn
- How to pass the project management job interview every time - my full preparation system
- Overview of the top project management definitions according to PMP, PRINCE 2, IPMA etc.
- How to analyse your project management profile, identify gaps and work to close them?
- Step-by-step tutorial to create the ultimate project manager CV that gives you 5x more job interviews.
- Understand the key role of project management in an organisation.
- Passion for a rewarding career in project management.
- Open mind and be ready to learn.
Power Start in Project Management is the place where I centralise the introductory portion of my (project management) material in an organised and structured way. I constantly add lectures and engage with my audience.
Everybody has access to the same books, but not everybody has access to the same teachers. You cannot become a project manager by reading a book or obtaining a certificate.
There is a massive challenge in the industry today.
People that work on projects are busy and do not have the time to teach. People who teach project management usually are full-time teachers and have stopped working on projects years ago.
On top of that, most of the books and courses on project management are heavily biased towards specific methodologies such as PMP or PRINCE 2 or focused on preparation for a certification exam.
In real life, you do not get scores for compliance with a specific methodology. In real life, you get scores for successful project delivery.
Project management is an extremely well-paid job with relatively low barriers to entry. The demand and salaries will skyrocket in the coming years due to the increasing amount of change in the business, and you can be at the forefront of those changes.
As of today, the Academy covers:
Definitions of project management according to the leading project institutions (PMP, PRINCE2, IPMA, ISO, Scrum)
Putting project management into an organisational context (Operations vs. Projects)
Exploring the profile of the perfect project manager and strategies how to achieve this
How to write the perfect project management CV that gets you 5x more job interview opportunities
How to dominate the project management job interview - my full system
Take advantage of the low introductory price and secure a lifetime seat in my course. This course will be the best investment (3 cups of latte at Starbucks) in your career as a project manager.
See you in class!
Who this course is for:
- People who want to start or trasnsition into project management in an intelligent way.
- People who work with project managers and would like to understand their world.
- People who recruit project managers and want to develop a practical understanding of the project manager's profile.
- People who have gaps in their project management knowledge and want to close them quickly and relatively easy.
I believe that the biggest competitive advantage of a company today lies in its ability to execute complex business change as well as key development initiatives (projects, programs, and portfolios) in a cross-functional and often distributed environment. Project management is the preeminent method to implement that caliber of change in an elegant, agile and transparent way. Project, program, and portfolio managers are at the forefront of these strategic adaptive efforts and will play a vital role in the next decade.