What is POWER QUERY (PQ)?
It's a FREE tool provided by Microsoft for Excel users.
Yes you read it correctly. This tool is FREE !!!
And Power Query can make novice Excel user to PRO-Excel user very quickly & this training will make your journey easy and memorable.
Power Query is available for ALL users of Excel 2010 / 2013 / 2016 and PowerBI. In Excel 2016 it has been renamed as "Get & Transform".
This course topics can be applied for all versions of Power Query - Excel 2010 / 2013 / 2016 & Power BI.
Power Query is a tool that can be used for data discovery, reshaping the data and combining data ( Merge / Blend / Consolidate, etc.) coming from different sources. Power Query can connect directly to Excel, Access, Text, CSV, Hadoop, Sales Force, Azure and many other different sources of data.
You can perform and automate all the Extract > Transform > Load (ETL) tasks required to clean the data and make it usable for further analysis in Tableau, Power BI, Excel, Access, etc.
Power Query is a tool...
- Tool that is very easy to learn even for novice excel users.
- A tool that can extract / connect to data from almost any source.
- Merge and shape data sourced to match your data analysis requirements
- Prepare your data for further analysis and modelling by tools like Power Pivot, etc.
- Keeps sequential record of all the steps performed from source till final output
- You can review your automation steps later and easily modify it.
Thus, you can focus on turning data into insight and adding true value to your company and to yourself as well.
The best part is that most of the automation features in Power Query are located within its ribbon so you have to just click it with mouse and start your automation in Excel. This GUI is one of the most intuitive interfaces I have found in any tool yet.
For learning about Power Query you do not need to learn or have prior knowledge about any programming languages like Excel VBA or SQL, etc.
If you are planning to implement Data Analytics or Business Intelligence solutions using Power Pivot, Power View, Power Map, Power BI, Tableau, Python or R, etc. then you must learn Power Query before all these other tools.
Why should you learn Power Query?
Now let's try to relate how Power Query can be useful to you. See if you answer positively to any one of the questions enumerated below:
- Do you work with data on daily basis?
- Do you regularly build multiple dashboards?
- Do you need to import data for above reporting from different sources?
- You have to perform extensive data cleansing before your perform analysis?
- Do you create Management Information Systems (MIS) reports regularly?
- Are you working as part of any Data Analytics Projects / Power BI / Tableau / Business Intelligence Projects?
- Do you use complex / advanced Excel formulas / Excel VBA coding (macros) / SQL?
You might need to perform any of the following activities before data becomes usable:
- Filtering out data you don't need
- Deleting / sorting rows, columns or blanks
- Transforming text, numeric, and date columns.
- Removing spaces and special characters from your data.
- Fixing the layout into tabular format so that it will work in Pivot Tables
- Renaming, adding / removing, Splitting / joining and reordering columns
- Creating calculating columns / fields which never existed in the source data.
- Merging / consolidating / appending data from Text files, CSV files or database tables.
- Incorporating the next month (or period) data to an existing report.
- Perform same steps again when receive new file or data in next month
... and many more laborious repetitive tasks that consumes your day in and out.
If you have answered positive for any of the questions or your job looks similar then you have come to right place - Power Query Training. It does not matter if you are a novice Excel user, or Advanced Excel user, you regularly code VBA / macros to automate repetitive task in Excel, this Power Query Training course is must for you.
In this course as a beginners you will learn all the features from scratch. And after completing this course you would be proficient in using almost 80% of features in Power Query. This will guide to how convert dirty data into clean data which you can provide to your Data Analytics or Business Intelligence or Data Visualization Software.
Thought process behind POWER QUERY and this training course:
I have noted at numerous occasions that people are not aware about these new amazing tools introduced by Microsoft. Also, few people who have heard about it but does find proper resource to learn about using this tool. Hence i thought of publishing this Power Query Training here so that you can learn in structured manner about how to perform various data cleansing task in Excel using Power Query.
You DO NOT need any programming, Excel VBA coding or SQL knowledge to start using Power Query. After completing this course you would be proficient in using Power Query and can immediately apply concepts to your work. You will move from Power Query newbie to proficient user after this course.
I can confidently tell you that your investment in this course will be paid off within a months by way of saving you lot of efforts and time while working on Excel. And if you are not satisfied from this Power Query Training you can get your money back within 30 days of enrolling into the course.
So Enroll quickly and start learning & using Power Query.