- 14 hours on-demand video
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Understand the basic tools of algebra, including expressions and coordinates
- Use the four basic arithmetic operations with all integers
- Manipulate rational numbers
- Simplify and solve expressions and equations
- Tackle multi-step equations and inequalities
- Set up and solve problems involving ratios and proportions
- Handle all types of percentage problems
- Graph and decode all linear functions
- Decipher nonlinear functions, including quadratic functions
- Implement basic formulas and operations related to right triangles
- Solve for missing distances and angles of various polygons
- Calculate surface area and volume
- Determine the probability of different events and outcomes
- In order to effectively follow along with this course, you should purchase the Pre-Algebra textbook made by Glencoe McGraw-Hill.
Power Pre-Algebra is a carefully tailored preparatory course for anyone seeking to gain a firm understanding of Pre-Algebra. This course was designed and created because of the lack of appropriate materials in existence that explain exact problems from a specific textbook. While there are a host of videos and explanations online, I wanted to make something that followed precise problems from a particular and popular textbook.
Have you ever understood everything a teacher says during class, but as soon as you try the problems at home, the methodologies seem to escape you? Yes, that's what I figured.
This phenomenon is extremely common. I have seen it time and again as both a private tutor and a teacher. This phenomenon was the impetus for this course. Power Pre-Algebra walks through a smattering of practice problems from each part of every lesson so you always have a solid walkthrough to lean on no matter what problems have been assigned. Moreover, this course goes through the even problems only (which are notorious for being the problems in textbooks with no answers).
If you need to master the subject to earn a solid grade in your math class or simply have an interest in Pre-Algebra, I hope you use this course to gain the results you want and deserve!
- This course is for anyone who is interested in gaining a concrete understanding of Pre-Algebra. This course has been carefully designed to allow students to navigate the entire Glencoe McGraw Hill textbook without outside instruction.
- This course is not for students who have not yet completed elementary level mathematics.
Learn all of the basics of using words and expressions.
Learn how to use variables and expressions in tandem.
Learn all of the properties that dictate behaviors in arithmetic operations.
Understand how to format and analyze ordered pairs.
Learn how to use words, equations, tables, and graphs to analyze data and make predictions accordingly.