Power Platform - Create a custom connector for your Web API
What you'll learn
- How to create a custom connector for our Web API
- How to secure your custom connector using Microsoft Azure Security Apps
- Use custom connectors in Power Apps and Power Automate
- How to configure a Web API in .net core to make data available through a custom connector
- You need to have a Microsoft Azure account and a Microsoft 365 account. Having knowledge of development with .net Core technology is not mandatory, but it can make your understanding easier.
This is an intermediate course for .net developers who want to expose data through a Web API to be accessed by a custom connector.
This custom connector can be used in Power Apps and Power Automate.
The main requirements for you to take this course are: Have already worked with .Net Core and have basic knowledge of Microsoft Azure. You also need to have a Microsoft Azure and Microsoft 365 account to do the practice.
I'll explain to you in the first class using a diagram, the whole concept of the architecture that we will use
to securely expose our data.
For this we will use Visual Studio 2019 to create our news API.
I will teach you all the necessary details that you must adjust in your API so that you be able to use this approach in APIs you've already created.
We are going to deploy our API on Azure and the next step will be to create two AAD apps to protect our API and our custom connector.
Our Web API will use Swagger to create the Open API file that will be used to create our custom connector.
After creating the custom connector we will create a flow in Power Automate and an application in Power Apps
to see how it works.
Who this course is for:
- For .net developers who want to create web APIs and make data available through custom connectors for Power Apps and Power Automate
Alguém que adora aprender e compartilhar o que aprende com as pessoas. A educação pode mudar a vida das pessoas e sou defensor dessa ideia. Atuo com tecnologia a 17 anos e ao longo dessa caminhada trabalhei com diversas tecnologias diferentes em inúmeras empresas nacionais e internacionais desenvolvendo inúmeros projetos.
Nos últimos anos tenho usado as tecnologias do Power Platform, associado as tecnologias do Microsoft 365 para construir diversas soluções empresariais e automatizar diversos processos das áreas das empresas.