Power Pivot Excel 365 - From Zero to Hero
What you'll learn
- How to navigate PowerPivot
- How to import data to a PowerPivot data model
- How to set up relationships and overcome relationship problems
- How to create pivot tables and charts
- How to use basic DAX calculations
- How to use Time Intelligent DAX functions
- Students should be familiar with Excel's Standard Pivot Tables
- This course is recorded in Excel 365
This course has been designed to take novice, Powerpivot users, to a level where they are comfortable working with Power Pivot Models, using Pivot tables and charts along with carrying out DAX calculations and using DAX time intelligence functions.
Power Pivot is an Excel add-in, available in Excel 2010 and certain versions of Excel 2013 and later. You can use Power Pivot, with its own DAX functions to perform powerful data analysis and create sophisticated data models. With Power Pivot, you can mash up large volumes of data from various sources, perform information analysis rapidly, and share insights easily. Power Pivot is the gateway to business intelligence and data all within Excel.
This course consists of 5 modules, each with learning activities, and workbooks to download. To make sure you get the most out of this course, the learning material is made up of both videos and articles to reinforce what is covered.
Get your head around the basics of Powerpivot, learn how to link a table, and work with that table and find out how you can get data into PowerPivot to work with it. If you are new to Power Pivot this module will show you around, so you become more familiar with the user interface and become more confident adding data to a power pivot model.
· What is Power Pivot?
· How do I create a linked table from Excel to Power Pivot?
· What other ways can I get data into Power Pivot?
· How do I find my way around Power Pivot?
· How do I work with tables in Power Pivot?
Powerpivot allows you to perform calculations across different tables of data. In order to do this, you must link the tables together by means of relationships. Relationships can be difficult to understand at first and they are a big change to working in Excel. In this module, you will learn
· What are relationships?
· How do I create a relationship in PowerPivot?
· How do I overcome many to many relationships?
- How to set up a bridging table
The pivot table is by far one of the most useful ways to analyze and visualize your data in Excel. Powerpivot allows you quickly insert a pivot table or chart from multiple tables to analyze or slice and dice like never before. In this module, you will learn
· How do I insert a pivot table from Power Pivot?
· How do I work with a pivot table?
· How do I insert a pivot chart from Power Pivot?
· How do I work with and format a pivot chart?
· How do I insert and work with slicers and timelines?
Powerpivot allows basic to complex data modeling and calculations to be carried out across multiple tables of data. It does this via its powerful calculation engine using Data Analysis eXpressions. Understanding the basics of DAX is a necessity for the use of Powerpivot. In this module, you will learn
· What is DAX
· What are calculated Columns?
· What are Measures?
· What are the X Expressions?
· How do I work with related tables?
How often do you see comparisons in accounts and reports such as Same period last year and running totals over time? DAX is equipped with a suite of time intelligence functions that are not found in excel. These functions will allow you quickly analyze your data over different time periods. By the end of this module, you will learn
· What are time intelligent functions?
· What is the purpose of a date and calendar table and how do I set one up?
· How do I use Total Month Todate and related Functions?
· How do I use Same period last year and related functions?
· How do I use Opening closing balances?
Who this course is for:
- Excel users looking to upskill in PowerPivot
Paula is a qualified CPA with over 25 years of experience in the fields of Accountancy, Business Management, Operations Management, and Training. All across a broad range of industries and sectors. Paula has been Key Speaker at many Accounting Events where her talks on Excel are received very positively. Taken from her experiences in Accounting and business fields, Paula began teaching on Udemy in the area of Spreadsheets, Bookkeeping and Accounting.
In 2020 & 2021 Paula was awarded Microsoft MVP for her dedication to Excel and the Excel community.
In 2022 after Paula pivoted her training and consultancy to focus on Web3, Blockchain, Digital assets, and cryptocurrency and is excited to bring new courses on these topics to Udemy