Power Engineering Project Estimation Using Compatible Units
What you'll learn
- Compatible Units
- Construction Estimation
- Project Estimation
- Power Engineering
- Cost Engineering
- Basic Math
- Desire to learn
*Also included free compatible unit estimation tool! I will also teach you how to create this estimation tool so that you will know how everything works. You will also have full control of the code and can tweak the tool as you wish.
Power Engineering Project Estimation Using Compatible Units is a comprehensive video course where you can learn creating cost estimations for construction projects and how utility projects are estimated with compatible units.
I have handcrafted this course to allow students to acquire core fundamental knowledge on project estimations as well as how estimations can be used in creating a Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) and Request for Proposal (RFP).
If you are a project manager, design or cost engineer, you will find this course of great help to get the fundamental knowledge you need to kick start your professional career. If you own or work inside an engineering consulting firm, this course will provide you with the tools to effectively and efficiently produce accurate estimates using compatible units.
This course can benefit anyone not only in the utility industry, but also in the construction industry or any businesses that requires cost estimation in repetitive work. As long as you have interest in a career that manages the cost of projects, this course can help you to get an advantage at looking for work or giving you an edge over your competitors as it gives you core knowledge of cost estimation and compatible unit design that you would not have otherwise obtain unless you have worked in construction projects for years, especially within the utility industry. And knowledge is power.
So let's get started! Let's start your fulfilling journey and mark an important point of your phenomenal career!
What you’ll learn
· Principles and practical knowledge of Construction Cost Estimation
· Cost and Ferc Accounting and how cost estimation fits into the bigger picture
· Compatible Unit Designs and how to do rapid cost estimations using compatible units
· How compatible units can aid in the development of an effective work breakdown structure (WBS) and Request for Proposal (RFP)
· How to develop your own project estimation tool.
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
· Motivated to break into a career of cost estimation.
· Basic Math (we will go over some simple estimation example)
· Optional: Basic programming skills if you are interested in building the cost estimation tool from scratch
Who this course is for:
· Working professionals and students who wanted to get into project cost estimation
· People who wanted a stable career with good pay and work-life balance
· People who want to start their own business and wants a systematic and efficient way in producing cost estimation and quotation.
Who this course is for:
- You are managing construction projects that have alot of repetitions.
- You are working in distribution, substation or generation engineering designs
- You are running an engineering consultant firm and needed to create rapid quotations for construction projects
- You are a cost engineer, or doing cost reporting for construction projects
Mike has been working for many years in the power utility industry. He has experienced working in various roles within the industry and have experience in teaching engineering concepts to the public, fellow engineers and power line professionals. Now, taking all that he has learned, he will help you in discovering the amazing career opportunities within the power utility world.
After graduation, he discovers that many knowledge from the power utility world were not being taught in university courses. Like many engineer graduates who first entered the industry, he soon discovers that although the theoretical knowledge taught in school provides a fundamental knowledge base, it is not adequate to even to do the most basics of engineering job functions. In fact, he soon found out that he could not even communicate things properly with other coworkers as there are various industry-specific lingo and practice that it is very hard to learn without working within the industry for years and years.
Furthermore, knowledge in the how-to are not commonly found in the internet and a lot of times individual teams would only keep knowledge to themselves. This means that even if you are working in these companies, chances are that you may not get the overall picture as much as you hope.
Most people may feel paralyzed and don't know where to start in how to get into the industry or to gain more industrial knowledge. Even worse, most training courses provided by industry leaders are available only to certain employees of their business clients.
Power utility industry provides one of the most basic of needs in modern society and is also one of the industry that will experience rapid growth within the next twenty years. This industry needs professionals like YOU to make electricity more accessible and affordable for the present and the future. Mike believes that the knowledge and skills in this industry should be affordable and open to all.
These courses should teach real life skills that are applicable to the industry and help students in landing their dream job; they should not waste a student's valuable time. Having learned important lessons from working in both engineering and utility companies, Mike will teach you the foundations that will help launch your career in the power utility industry.
Mike promises you that there are no other courses out there as comprehensive and as well explained catering specifically to the power utility industry.