Electrical Engineering: Power Electronics Masterclass
What you'll learn
- Learn about the uses of power electronics rectifiers, dc-to-dc converters, and inverters
- Understand and analyze single-phase and three-phase rectifier circuits
- Understand and analyze buck (step-down), boost (step-up), and buck-boost (step-down/up) dc-to-dc converter circuits
- Understand and analyze single-phase and three-phase inverter circuits
- Basic knowledge of semiconductor devices
- Basic understanding of electronic circuit analysis
This course is designed to provide a complete overview of one of the main areas of electrical engineering and power engineering: power electronics. The three main types of power electronics devices (i.e., rectifiers, dc-to-dc converters, and inverters) are discussed in detail in the lectures. For each device, the ideal circuit is discussed along with different circuit topologies to provide a wide range of practical uses.
By learning how rectifiers, dc-to-dc converters, and inverters are designed, you will learn the fundamentals for designing your own power electronics devices, such as battery chargers, switched-mode power supplies, solar inverters, and variable frequency drives, among others.
Throughout the course, practical numerical problems are solved to aid your understanding of power electronics. Additionally, the course includes 5 quizzes with a total of 15 questions. Three articles are also provided so you can learn by reading as well as videos.
Remember that Udemy offers a 30-day money-back guarantee. I am also always available for questions while you go through the course to ensure everything is clear.
See you in the course!
Who this course is for:
- Electrical engineering students planning to enroll or currently enrolled in a power electronics course at a university
- Electrical engineers looking for a refresher course on power electronics
- Electronics enthusiasts looking for an introductory course on power electronics
My name is Ricardo Romero and I am an Electrical Engineer with over ten years of experience in Power Systems. I obtained my Bachelor’s and Master’s degrees in Electrical Engineering from The University of North Carolina at Charlotte. I am also a licensed Professional Engineer in Power Systems in the states of Arizona, Louisiana, North Carolina, Pennsylvania, South Carolina, and Virginia in the United States.
Although my professional experience is mainly in Power Systems, I am also passionate about other topics in Electrical Engineering including Analog Electronics, Control Systems, Digital Design, Digital Signal Processing, Electric Machinery, and Power Electronics. I gained knowledge in these areas of Electrical Engineering during my undergraduate and graduate studies, as well as during my professional career, and am excited to teach about them in Udemy.
My goal is to create high quality courses that cover both the theory behind a topic as well as real-world applications. Should you have any questions regarding any of my courses, please feel free to contact me.