Power BI - The Ultimate Orientation
- No prior knowledge of Power BI is required as this course is aimed at beginners
- You must have an interest in learning more about what business intelligence can do for your and your business
Business Intelligence and data are here to stay. Now with Power BI by Microsoft, costs and skills are no longer a barrier to entry.
Power BI is a self service business intelligence system, and best of all, it is free for all to use.
The aim of this course Power BI - The Ultimate Orientation is to give you a solid orientation of Power BI. First you will learn how to download and install power bi desktop. We will have a look around the user interface and then we will start to work with some data.
Using an example data set, we will connect to both excel and cvs files and you will get an introduction of the Query editor as we do some transformation on the data. Then we will move on to a few calculations and you will be introduced to the concept of relationships and dax. Finally in powerbi desktop we will look at the visualisations side.
After we look at visualisations in Power Bi Desktop we will move on to power Bi services. Its in services that you will get insights, have the ability to share reports, build dashboards and connect to data packs that contains prebuilt dashboards and reports.
We will not be looking at any of this in detail as, this course is an orientation course, designed to get you familiar and comfortable with the Power BI user interface. The aim of the course is to get you up and running. To show you that Power BI offers a real solution, and give you ideas of how it can be used.
Who this course is for:
- if you are looking to use data for better business insights and don’t know where to get started then this is the course for you
- If you have been using Excels power Tools and are considering using Power BI, then this is the course for you
- If you are changing jobs and you need to be familiar with Power BI then this course is for you
- This course is designed as an Orientation and is aimed and beginners
Paula is a qualified CPA with over 25 years of experience in the fields of Accountancy, Business Management, Operations Management, and Training. All across a broad range of industries and sectors. Paula has been Key Speaker at many Accounting Events where her talks on Excel are received very positively. Taken from her experiences in Accounting and business fields, Paula began teaching on Udemy in the area of Spreadsheets, Bookkeeping and Accounting.
In 2020 & 2021 Paula was awarded Microsoft MVP for her dedication to Excel and the Excel community.
In 2022 after Paula pivoted her training and consultancy to focus on Web3, Blockchain, Digital assets, and cryptocurrency and is excited to bring new courses on these topics to Udemy