Power BI & DAX Row-Level Security
- 1.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- How to set up row-level security for basic scenarios and more complex scenarios
- How to set up row-level security for hierarchical data
- How to create roles and DAX expressions to properly filter your data
- How to deploy your row-level security to Power BI service and then assign users to your roles
- How to test your roles, both in Power BI Desktop and Power BI service
- Numerous practice questions and exercises to sharpen your skills
- A basic level of Power BI and creating simple DAX expressions will be useful
If you are a DAX developer needing to secure your data so that your users only see the data they are supposed to see, row-level security is usually your only choice. This course will teach you about basic row-level security and dynamic row-level security, for more complex scenarios.
We'll also teach you how to set up security for hierarchical data, how to create roles and then test those roles in Power BI Desktop and Power BI service. We'll then demonstrate how to assign users to the roles you've created in the Power BI service. We will also demonstrate how to avoid bi-directional filtering when setting up your security.
After completing this course you should have a solid understanding of how row-level security can be used to secure your data in all sorts of scenarios.
- Power BI developers needing to secure their data