Power BI Masterclass - How to use CALCULATE in DAX
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 4 articles
- 2 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- You will better understand how the CALCULATE function in DAX works
- You will learn about Row Context and Filter Context as well as Context transition
- You will improve your knowledge about the most powerful function in DAX
- You will improve your Power BI DAX skills
- You will add to your knowlege from the other Power BI Masterclass courses on udemy
- I highly recommend to take the Power BI Masterclass - beginners to advanced course first
- You should have worked with Power BI DAX and the Calculate function before
- We start from the basics with Calculate and work our way up
- Power BI Desktop installation (download for free on windows)
Microsoft Power BI Masterclass - How to use CALCULATE in DAX
Business Intelligence / Business Analytics is in high demand. Companies are constantly searching for ways to make better and faster and smarter decisions. Therefore they rely heavily on data. Small company or Multinational - data driven decision making is the key to success for any business in the world of tomorrow.
Because of that companies are drastically increasing to step up their efforts to find skilled employees and freelancers with the necessary capabilities to help with analyzing data and creating valuable highly profitable insights.
Since there is way more demand than supply it is a "War for talent". And the competition will increase further. This environment is a bless for anyone who acquires the necessary capabilities and positions herself/himself
MS Power BI is an advanced yet easy to get started self service business analytics / business intelligence solution provided by Microsoft which is currently in very hot demand. From my personal experience I can tell you that companies will actively searching for you if you master Power BI. Diving into data & analytics can not only immensely improve your career opportunities but also your job satisfaction!
Power BI is also a great tool for data science too. A lot of data scientists like to use it for visualizing and presenting the findings. Therefore learning to use this tool can also be a valuable skill for data science jobs.
This course is inspired by students and extends my Power BI Masterclass series on udemy. This course is not a visual course like the other parts of the series. This time it's all about the most powerful as well as most difficult to understand function in Power BI - CALCULATE.
Understanding this function will drastically help us to improve our DAX knowledge and our overall Power BI DAX calculation skills!
Update: The complete Power BI Masterclass Series on udemy
1.Power BI Masterclass - beginners to advanced
2.Microsoft Power BI Masterclass - Expand Excellence
3.Power BI Masterclass - Data Analysis Deep Dive
4.Business Intelligence with Microsoft Power BI
5.Power BI Masterclass - DAX, Excel And More
6.Power BI Masterclass - Your future in data analytics
7.Power BI Masterclass - Learn Advanced DAX, R and Gateways
8.Power BI Masterclass - Python, Finance and advanced DAX
9. Power BI Masterclass - How to use CALCULATE in DAX
Tips and Tricks courses:
10. The Power BI Masterclass - Tips and Tricks
11. The Power BI Masterclass - Additional Tips and Tricks
12. Power BI - Tips for your next data analytics project
13. Microsoft Power BI Desktop - simple tips and tricks edition
14. Power BI Desktop - Data Prep Challenges
We got a lot to do so let's get into it!
- Power BI User
- Data Analysts
- Every Power BI Desktop user who wants to use and understand advanced DAX calculations
- Students interested in Data analytics and Data science
- Everybody who wants to visualize data with Power BI Desktop