Power BI Master Class-Data Models and DAX Formulas 2020
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 11 articles
- 7 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Have a COMPREHENSIVE understanding of creating data models and developing DAX formulas in Microsoft Power BI
- Enjoy CLEAR and CONCISE step by step instruction from a best selling Udemy Instructor
- Students will be prepared for the data modeling module of the Microsoft Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data by Using Microsoft Power BI
- Create calculated FIELDS and MEASURES using DAX in Power BI
- Perform SOPHISTICATED calculations such as Time Intelligence, Filtered Data and Creating Calculated Tables
- Create RELATIONSHIPS between tables of data
- You will require Power BI desktop and access to the Power BI Service on the Internet
- You should be able to work with data in Excel and do basic reporting
**** Updated June 2020 this bestselling Udemy course has been updated to the new Microsoft Power BI user interface ****
"Really good crash course for Power BI. If you are just started to use Power BI and want to quickly go through the basic I highly recommend this course."
"Awesome. Focused and wll explained!"
"The course is very well structured and at the right pace. There is a very clear explanation as to what is the goal of every section and how it is accomplished. I would definitely recommend the course for anyone starting with PBI."
**** Lifetime access to course materials and practice activities. 100% money back guarantee ****
This course is presented by Ian Littlejohn - who with over 75 000 students is one of the most popular & highly rated instructors on Udemy. Ian provides world leading courses on Excel, Power Pivot, Power BI and Google Data Studio.
Skills in data analysis, reporting and the creation of dashboards are HIGHLY valued in today's business environment. Microsoft Power BI is now recognized as the leading Business Intelligence tool in the world for the development of reports, data analysis and dashboards.
In this course you will learn how to perform data modeling and use DAX formulas to get the most out of Microsoft Power BI.
In this course you will learn:
Introduction and Course Content
Creating Calculated Columns - Basic calculations, using date fields and date tables
Creating Measures - Aggregation measures, the =Calculate formula, the All and AllExcept formula, Time Intelligence, Customer Segmentation and many more
Creating Relationships between tables and using relationship calculations
Creating Virtual Tables and Calculations between Tables
Creating and using hierarchies and data groups
Case Studies on DirectQuery, Star Schemas and Quick Measures
We look forward to having you on our course as we learn and explore the incredible power of Microsoft Power BI.
Please note that this course is the second course in a series of three courses for the Power BI Master Class series. Search for my instructor profile to purchase these other courses.
Course 1 - Query Editor
Course 2 - Data Modeling and DAX Formulas
Course 3 - Dashboards and Power BI Service
- Excel users who want to learn how to create PROFESSIONAL reports in Power BI
- Learners who want to prepare themselves for Microsoft Exam 70-778 Analyzing and Visualizing Data by Using Microsoft Power BI
In this lesson we cover how to create calculated columns within the Power BI data model.