Power BI Master Class - Query Editor [2022 Edition]
What you'll learn
- Enjoy CLEAR and CONCISE step by step lessons from a best selling Udemy instructor in FULL HD 1080 P video
- Have a COMPREHENSIVE understanding of connecting and transforming data using Microsoft Power BI
- Enjoy CLEAR and CONCISE step by step instruction from a best selling Udemy instructor
- Case Studies on PREPAR|ING your data for analysis
- Load data into Power BI from a multitude of different SOURCES including SQL Server, Excel, CSV, JSON, XML and Google Analytics
- Perform BASIC transformations such as filtering, changing data types, remove columns and creating new calculated columns
- Perform ADVANCED transformations such as Merging, Appending, Unpivoting, Grouping and Calculating Custom Columns
- Learn to CLEAN data and LOAD data using parameters
- You will require Power BI desktop and access to the Power BI Service on the Internet
- You should be able to work with data in Excel and do basic reporting
- Download the Power BI Desktop app which is available free from Microsoft for Windows
If you are new to Power BI or want to fill in some gaps in your knowledge, THIS is the course for you. We've focused on providing you with the fundamentals you need to work with Power BI data effectively!
Don't sit through days of boring training to understand how Power BI works! This course will get you up to speed and working in half the time, giving you the crucial foundation to start you on the journey to becoming a Power BI expert.
This course has been updated for 2022 in full HD video quality, so you will learn on the latest Power BI interface. Students who have taken this course have this to say:
WHAT STUDENTS ARE SAYING:
"I absolutely endorse the content of this course. Very well explained and good examples as well. Thank you so much!"
"The instructor is well knowledgeable to what he is sharing. Thank you. Even though, I am an intermediate user and use Power BI for over two years, I found some that I haven't known."
"He explains the concepts very well. I like that the course has short practical activities to practice what I learned."
**** Lifetime access to course materials and practice activities.****
ABOUT THE TRAINER
This course is lead by Ian Littlejohn - an international trainer, consultant and data analyst with over 125 000 enrollments & 100 000 students on Udemy. Ian specializes in teaching data analysis techniques, Excel Pivot Tables, Power Pivot, Microsoft Power BI, Google Data Studio & Amazon QuickSight & his courses average over 4.5 stars out of 5.
ABOUT THE COURSE
Skills in data analysis, reporting and the creation of dashboards are HIGHLY valued in today's business environment. Microsoft Power BI is now recognized as the leading Business Intelligence tool in the world for the development of reports, data analysis and dashboards.
In this course you will learn the to use the AMAZING Power BI tool to transform and prepare your data for analysis. You will learn to use the Query Editor to connect to data, perform advanced transformation and also to clean data.
In this course - which is part of the Power BI Master Class Series), you will cover:
Introduction and Course Content
Basic Data Transformations - Learn about filtering data, changing data types, adding new columns and removing columns
Advanced Data Transformations - Merging data into one table, Appending data, Unpivoting data, Grouping data, conditional rules and custom fields
Data Cleansing - Techniques and skills to clean up your data
Connecting to Data Sources - Learn how to connect and access data from a variety of different data sources including, files, databases, web URL, JSON and Google Analytics
We look forward to having you on our course as we learn and explore the incredible power of Microsoft Power BI.
Please note that this course is part of the Power BI Master Class series. Search for my instructor profile to purchase these other courses.
Power BI Master Class - Query Editor
Power BI Master Class - Data Modeling and DAX Formulas
Power BI Master Class - Dashboards and Power BI Service
Who this course is for:
- Excel users who want to learn how to create PROFESSIONAL reports in Power BI
- Learners who want to LEARN Microsoft Power BI
Ian is a trainer that specializes in Microsoft Power BI, Excel Pivot Tables, Power Pivot, Power Query, Google Data Studio and AWS QuickSight.
Ian is an experienced trainer that teaches techniques and tools making it easy for learners to harness the power of business intelligence tools to easily turn data into insight and intelligence.
Ian has been training learners on these powerful technologies for over 10 years making it easy for business users to easily create management reports, develop interactive dashboards and generate new insight and intelligence from business data.
Ian has over 10 years of Management Consulting experience and he brings this knowledge and skills to his training course showing Excel and Google Data Studio users how to easily create sophisticated management reports, perform data analysis and create amazing interactive dashboards without using any complex programming or specialized tools.
Ian has consulted and worked with major organizations in the Banking, Insurance, Manufacturing, Telecommunications and Logistics industries across a number of countries and continents.