Power BI DAX Masterclass - Measures & Calculated Columns
What you'll learn
- Create your own Measures & Calculated Columns in DAX
- Use DAX in Power BI for advanced data analysis
- Gain advanced insights into your data with DAX
- Understand the concepts behind Measures & Calculated Columns in DAX
- Learn how to use the most important DAX functions
- Create better reports with Measures & Calculated Columns
- Some basic knowledge in Power BI is required
From beginner to profesional in DAX – Master advanced analysis in Power BI with Measures & Calculated Columns
DAX is a really powerful language if you want to get all the advanced insights from your data. Wether you want to create custom columns or use more advanced calculations with Measures and realize the full potential of Power BI - DAX is the key to that.
Yet I know that many people feel discourage because they don't know where to start and without help it can be a bit frustrating and difficult.
That's why I have created this course!
In this course you will finally be able to learn DAX for your advance analysis in Power BI - and that in an easy and well structured way.
Get a fundamental understanding right from the beginning
In this course I will teach you everything clearly by looking at actual examples. Therefore we will be looking together at some sales data that you will also be able to download - so you can work and practise as much as you want.
Step by step you will then learn everything you need to know regarding DAX, Measures and Calculated Columns in Power BI.
At the end of this course you will be able to do your own analysis in DAX. At this point it will be easy for you to do and learn more in DAX because you have gained a fundamental understanding in DAX, Measures and Calculated Columns.
What you will learn in this course?
· DAX fundamentals:
· fundamental understanding of Measures & Calculated Columns
· Measures vs. Calculated Columns
· Filter context vs. row context
· DAX in the data model
· Aggregation functions
· Logical Operators and IF-Statements
· Automatically create comprehensive data tables with date features
· Advanced topics:
· Row based functions such as SUMX & AVERAGEX
· Running Totals, Moving Average
· Custom Top-N-filtering
· All you need to know about CALCULATE
· Filter functions
· ALL, ALLSELECTED, ALLEXCEPT
· FILTER, VALUES
· How to use them the right way
· Quick Measures
· All you need to know about Quick Measures & how to use them properly
· Time Intelligence
· Year-to-Date, Date-To-Month etc.
· The most important time intelligence functions and the right way to work with them
· And much more!
Who this course is for:
- Everyone that wants to know more about Power BI and wants to use DAX for Calculated Columns and Measures
Are you thinking about pursuing a career as a Data Analyst or Data Scientist?
Do you ever think that your career could take a leap forward if you would have more knowledge and skills in the world of data?
Perhaps are you are even feeling overwhelmed by the number of courses available or by the fact that your life is already too full to concentrate on one more course?
I am Nikolai Schuler, I am a data scientist and BI consultant, and I have been there too...
A few years ago I noticed that the world of data benefits from many new tools and technologies. However, I also realized that it is extremely difficult to get trained in the field: Courses with real quality content are rare and are often structured in such a way that they are incompatible with a working life full of other tasks and activities.
While going through hours of research and training, I came up with the idea of creating a course that would offer extremely valuable content but that would be at the same time easy to follow due to its structure.
My goal is to help as many people as possible to pursue their desired career in this new Digital Age by enabling them to upgrade their data analysis skills. I am proud to say that I am heading in the right direction as my courses have already found their audience in over 150 countries and received thousands of positive feedbacks.
I am super excited about equipping you with the skillset to master Data Science and Data Analytics! If you are looking for quality AND approachable training, then jump onboard! I am really looking forward to leveling up your IT skills.
-- German version --
In meiner Arbeit als Data Scientist in einem großen Konzern sehe ich, dass in der heutigen Zeit neue Tools riesige Vorteile bringen und sie nicht mehr wegzudenken sind. Allerdings sehe ich auch, dass es nicht immer leicht ist, sich neben der täglichen Arbeit in diese neuen Tools einzuarbeiten.
Mir selbst ist es auch schwer gefallen Kurse zu finden, die einerseits qualitativ hochwertig und andererseits verständlich und gut strukturiert sind.
Aus diesem Grund habe ich mich dazu entschlossen, selbst strukturierte und praxisorientierte Kurse zu erstellen.
Da ich sowohl für einfache Anwender als auch für Datenspezialisten Einweisungen in Power BI und anderen Tools gebe, bin ich einerseits technischer Spezialist, habe aber andererseits auch ein gutes Gefühl für die, die nicht die reinen Datenspezialisten sind.
Mir zu überlegen, wie man das Wissen wirklich sinnvoll und verständlich rüberbringen kann, ist das, was mir dabei Freude macht.