English Literature: Postmodernism
- 2.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- In this course you will first learn the general Information about postmodernism and then gain in-depth knowledge of postmodern literature and theory.
- There are no specific scholastic requirements, but this course will appeal to all those who are interested in learning new things.
This is an ever-growing course and I will keep on adding materials to it regularly!
Postmodernism is a highly misunderstood and often maligned concept in American popular culture and politics.
Using video lectures and other textual resources, this course will introduce you to the following aspects of postmodernism:
A general understanding of Postmodernism and postmodern literary theory
Introduction to major concepts, theories, and debates about the postmodern condition and the postmodern literature in English.
Introduction to some important postmodern literary texts.
After you have finished the course you will understand Postmodernism as a movement broadly, and you will have a deeper grasp of postmodern literature and postmodern literary theory. Thus, after you finish the course, you will be able to understand and explain postmodernism and postmodern literature with the confidence of an expert.
- This is an ideal course for graduate English students and advanced English majors. The course will also appeal to anyone who loves to read and is curious about contemporary culture.
This brief lectures introduces you the general context and understanding of postmodernism as a term and as a larger cultural movement. After you watch this video, you will develop of a broader and general understanding of postmodernism in different branches of knowledge.