English Literature: Postcolonialism
- 4.5 hours on-demand video
- 3 articles
- 9 downloadable resources
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- This course will introduce you to postcolonialism, postcolonial literature and theory and provide analytical skills that you can use in your studies and in real-life cultural exchanges with people from different cultures.
- Just bring your curiosity and desire to learn!
This is an ever-growing course and I will keep on adding materials to it regularly!
This course will introduce you to the field of postcolonial literature and theory, which deals with the literary texts and art produced by the people of former European colonies. Included also in the course is a thorough explanation of the works of major theorists of postcolonialism, a brief history of postcolonial responses to the European colonization, and a discussion of the major debates within the field of postcolonial studies.
This course will be exceptionally useful to you if you are taking a course (undergraduate or graduate) on postcolonialism.
What you will Learn
A clear discussion of postcolonialism as a concept and as a field of study.
Introduction to the works of some major postcolonial authors.
Introduction to the works of some major postcolonial theorists.
Application of these ideas and this knowledge to the real-life situations.
Relevance to Today's World
No matter what your field of study or your profession, in this increasingly globalized world, one needs finely-honed habits and skills of cross-cultural understanding. This course will enable you to develop these cross cultural critical skills.
- This is an ideal course for English majors and minors and all those interested in reading and understanding world literatures.
This lecture provides a brief introduction to Postcolonialism as a field of study.