The Comprehensive PTSD Course
What you'll learn
- Advance your knowledge and understanding of Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) so you can have greater confidence when caring for or working with people with PTSD
- Integrate and utilise the new knowledge into personal life to increase greater self-awareness, strengthen resilience and coping, and establish health strategies that optimise life outcomes
- Assimilate and apply the new knowledge to better support (trauma-informed) and advocate for family, friends, and colleagues who have PTS or PTSD
- Advance organisational and occupational PTSD and mental health awareness, progressing and strengthening workplace practices in health and wellbeing
- Optimise career progression via the acquisition of robust knowledge in a growing area of interest, and develop PTSD foundational expertise that will accelerate your value to employers
- Utilise the expanded understanding of language (jargon), terminology, concepts, frameworks, and other knowledge realms to consider undertaking formal learning pathways to professionalisation
- An open and inquisitive mind
- Patience for learning new information
- The ability to use a computer to watch videos & read PDF documents
- Appropriate maturity to deal with some challenging (and triggering) themes
** THE ONLY DEDICATED AND COMPREHENSIVE PTSD COURSE ON UDEMY!**
** In order to further improve the student experience, there is a free download at the start of every section of this course which contains every slide of all 85 lectures and 100s of helpful internet links to organisations, free-source academic articles, media, self-tests and assessments, etc, keeping the course up to date, even easier to understand & even more engaging! **
The amount of information on PTSD is vast and growing everyday. This course was created to compress the most vital information into a widely-accessible and comprehensive online program that was targeted at everyone, not just academics and those experts working with PTSD on a daily basis. In order to keep it succinct, I have also included an expansive range of external links that will allow you to continue to explore PTSD at the level and depth you require.
Are you ready to take your knowledge to the next level? In this most comprehensive course, you will learn everything you need to know about Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder and will acquire substantial integrated knowledge, allowing you to take more control of your own PTSD, support your family or friends with a PTSD diagnosis in a much more informed way, or provide better preventative frameworks and positive interventions for your clients, workplace, and industry…. This course covers all of the important topics you will learn from getting a PTSD education from a University program or professional workplace course.
This course is taught by a highly-experienced University and College Educator with significant real world experience working clinically with people with PTSD, the families of those with PTSD, and consulting with front-line organisations committed to improving the outcomes of their personnel. This includes work within the mental health realm, as well and integrated mental and physical health interventions, and the use of evidence based adjunctive therapies including complementary and alternative medicine (CAM). The frameworks, concepts, knowledge, and resources used within this program closely align with those used throughout my Masters Program at Griffith University (Australia) where I specialised in the areas of disability, rehabilitation, clinical counselling and mental health, with a specific focus on Trauma and PTSD (particularly as it related to military and emergency services personnel and their families).
Psychological and Mental Health information can be full of jargon and complicated for those who may not have a professional background in this area. I have done my best to keep the course simple and relevant, whilst providing the ability to practically integrate the new learnings into your personal life and/or professional life.
(The Comprehensive PTSD Course copyright © 2016, of the author, Péta Phelan MRC)
**Disclaimer** Information in this presentation is for educational purposes only. The information provided throughout the presentation does not substitute professional and informed medical advice or training. This information should not be used to diagnose or treat a mental health problem without consulting an appropriately qualified mental health professional.
This course presentation and the associated linked material, contains information about sexual assault, violence, suicide, disaster, war, or other traumatic events and experiences which may be triggering to PTSD survivors.
A 'Certificate of Completion' will be available upon request.
Who this course is for:
- This is an introductory guide to Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) for those who want to gain a greater knowledge and understanding of PTSD.
- Individuals with a diagnosis of PTS or PTSD
- Partners, family, and friends of those with PTS or PTSD
- Individuals employed in front-line defence and emergency services, now or in the past. This may include professions such as the MILITARY and DEFENCE, NATIONAL GUARD, SPECIAL EMERGENCY SERVICES, POLICE, AMBULANCE and PARAMEDICS, FIREFIGHTERS, RESCUE & RETRIEVAL SERVICES, DISASTER MANAGEMENT
- Partners, family, and friends of those employed in front-line defence and emergency services, now or in the past (MILITARY and DEFENCE, NATIONAL GUARD, SPECIAL EMERGENCY SERVICES, POLICE, AMBULANCE and PARAMEDICS, FIREFIGHTERS, RESCUE & RETRIEVAL SERVICES, DISASTER MANAGEMENT)
- Mental health professionals looking for a PTSD refresher or a more expanded PTSD program, or allied health and medical professionals who work with clients/patients who may also have mental health conditions with or without substance use disorders who would like more detailed knowledge of PTSD. This may include PSYCHOLOGISTS, CLINICAL AND REHABILITATION COUNSELLORS, PSYCHOTHERAPISTS, MEDICAL DOCTORS, DENTISTS, NURSES, PHARMACOLOGISTS, PHYSICAL THERAPISTS, OCCUPATIONAL THERAPISTS, SPEECH PATHOLOGISTS, PROSTHETISTS & ORTHOTISTS, PODIATRISTS, OSTEOPATHS, CHIROPRACTORS, ADDICTIONS & SUD PROFESSIONALS, OPTOMETISTS, AUDIOLOGISTS, TRADITIONAL & COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE PROFESSIONALS
- Community and Legal services professionals. This may include SOCIAL WORKERS, YOUTH WORKERS, CHILD & FAMILY PROTECTION, AGED CARE WORKERS, DISABILITY SUPPORT WORKER, CORRECTIONS & JUSTICE OFFICERS, HOMLESSNESS & ACCOMODATION OFFICERS, REHABILITATION WORKERS, FAMILY SERVICES WORKERS, REFUGEE & MIGRANT OFFICERS, CHAPLAINS, LAWYERS, LEGAL ASSISTANTS, JUDGES, LAW CLERKS, FORENSICS OFFICERS, FORENSIC PHOTOGRAPHERS & PHOTOJOURNALISTS
- Animal welfare professionals. This may include VETERINARIANS, VETERINARY NURSES, VETERINARY SUPPORT WORKERS, ANIMAL WELFARE & PROTECTION OFFICERS
- Individuals, and/or family members of individuals, with a history of experiencing or witnessing of a traumatic event where there is physical harm or threat of physical harm. This may include (but are not limited to) war, torture, acts of terrorism, physical and/or sexual assault, horrific accidents, and natural disasters.
- Anyone with an interest in health and wellbeing
Péta Phelan is a professional educator and speaker. Her professional expertise lies in the areas of Trauma & PTSD, Mental Health, Rehabilitation, Health and Human Biosciences, and Complementary & Alternative Medicine (CAM).
Péta has worked for many years in the University and College education sector, both in faculty management and course programming, and as an educator (lecturer and clinical supervisor). She has considerable clinical experience within her discipline specific roles across the health industry.
Péta is also a strong advocate for social justice, and is particularly passionate about working with people all over the world to understand and acknowledge their authentic selves, recognise their passions and purpose, let go of that which no longer serves them, and design and implement a new and inspired world-changing life.