- After finishing this course, you will be ready to take our house Now Speak Portuguese
- you are going to learn the Portuguese Alphabet
- You are going to learn the pronunciation of Portuguese letters within a word
- You are going to learn the digraphs and how to pronounce them within a word
- You are going to learn the vowels and how to pronounce them within a word
- You are going to learn the five diacritics in Portuguese
Is a good start to learn Portuguese, make sure after finishing this course to take our course Now Speak Portuguese, to learn everything in Portuguese.
Portuguese is an incredible language, and its pronunciation is really nice and soft, that's why we can consider it as a romance language
Portuguese is descendent of Latin and spoken by about 300 million people in 10 countries
Things you should know about the Portuguese alphabet
1- Portuguese has 26 letters. letters (X, Y, W) were added in 1994
these letters always used in foreigner words, which is added to the Portuguese vocabulary recently.
2- the pronunciation of Portuguese letters are completely different than English
3- Portuguese uses of digraphs, pairs of letters which represent a single sound different from the sum of their components. Digraphs are not included in the alphabet.
4- Portuguese makes use of five diacritics: the cedilha (ç), acute accent (á, é, í, ó, ú), circumflex accent (â, ê, ô), tilde (ã, õ), and grave accent (à).
5- There are some letters which sound differently, depends on the proceeding letter and its position in the word
you are going to learn the Portuguese Alphabet and its pronunciation within a word.
Who this course is for:
- Is a good start for those who want to learn Portuguese
- Even you are fluent in Portuguese, this course could be useful for you
- Any one wants to read and write Portuguese well
- people who work and live in Brasil or in any country where Portuguese is spoken
- 09:03Alfabeto portugues
My name's Mohamed, I'm language teacher, the director of Escolaonline language school, I'm from Egypt, teaching 4 languages, I started teaching, since 2007, I have the experience of teaching to foreigners in many languages because actually, I speak 4 languages perfectly, that's why I'm here to give my experience in teaching languages to everybody who wants to learn.