Portraiture with Two Speedlights
What you'll learn
- Understand the difference between the various lighting modifiers;
- Use the lighting modifiers effectively to create stunning pro-looking portraiture;
- Apply industry standard post-processing techniques to enhance the resulting photgraphs.
- A camera that can use and trigger external speedlights;
- A couple of speedlights that can be used off-camera, and compatible flash trigger system;
- Lighting modifiers - we use two shoot-through and reflective umbrellas, an octagonal softbox, and a medium-sized square softbox;
- Black and white photo reflectors or foam core boards;
- Grip equipment - lightstands, a couple of reflector holders, flash brackets with umbrella mounting hole;
- A computer with photo editing software;
- Optional lightmeter;
- Previous knowledge of how to setup and use the camera in manual exposure mode;
- Previous knowledge on how to use your trigger system in conjunction with your speedlights.
"Portraiture with Two Speedlights" is a course aimed at amateur and intermediate level photographers who wish to learn how to use a couple of speedlights and basic modifiers to enhance their portraiture lighting, and simple yet effective post-processing techniques to enhance the resulting images.
This course is organized in a simple to follow layout, with clear and concise explanations and examples of the subjects being demonstrated. "Portraiture with Two Speedlights" contains over 3 hours of video, as well as workbooks at the end of each chapter with further explanations, examples, and lighting diagrams.
If you always wondered how the pros light their portraits, jump in!
Who this course is for:
- Amateur and intermediate level photographers looking for a guide on using simple and effective lighting tools and post-processing techniques to create stunning portraiture.
Based in the north of Portugal, McGunnMedia is a commercial photography company that specializes in people and tabletop photography. We explore and document the rich culture within this beautiful country, promoting it abroad.
McGunnMedia draws on the multimedia experience of co-founders Anna Gunn and Filipe Martins, combining strengths to achieve the desired results.
Both Anna and Filipe also lecture in local Universities in the visual and audio areas of multimedia.