How to Draw Black and White Portraits - Volume 2
What you'll learn
- How to Draw 3 AMAZING Portraits with just 4 Pastel Pencils
- The light to dark rule when layering pastel colours
- How to apply the same techniques learnt to their own pictures
- Easy to copy step by step videos
- 4 Pastel Pencils (2x Faber Castell - 101 White and 270 Warm Grey & 2x Cretacolor - 229 Brown Gray and 250 Ivory Black)
- Dark Grey PastelMat Paper by Clairefontaine (or similar e.g. UART)
- Colour Shaper Blending Tool (We recommend to have a ivory or grey chisel size 2 shaper)
Have you ever wished you could paint portraits?
Would you love to be able to draw AMAZING black and white portraits you never thought possible?
With this course, you will learn the techniques and skills to be able to do just this.
In my 30+ Years of Experience I have found that Pastel Pencils is the by far the easiest art medium to pick up and learn.
When you have finished this course not only will you walk away with 3 AMAZING paintings but you will also be able to apply what you have learnt to draw your own portraits.
There are just 4 pencils that produce these stunning effects, you do not have to use the exact same colours as me :-) The colours are as follows
Faber-Castell PITT Pastel Pencils
270 Warm Grey I
Cretacolor Pastel Pencils
229 Brown Gray
250 Ivory Black
The paper is a Dark Grey Coloured Pastelmat sheet around A4 size (US Letter). This paper has a rough sandpaper type texture which is brilliant for pastel pencil work. A good alternative if you can't find this is UART 800 Grade Paper.
I provide you with an outline drawing for each portrait so that you do not have to draw the subject free hand. Trace this through to your paper using preferably a white transfer sheet like tracedown. This is so you can see the lines on the light grey paper.
Step by Step Instructions
I walk you through step by step with video instruction how to draw each stage. You'll learn techniques behind drawing beautiful portraits and create pictures you can be proud of.
With just a small amount of pencils you will see the AMAZING effects you can get.
Let your journey into drawing and painting portraits start here.
Who this course is for:
- Artists that want to learn how to use Pastel Pencils
- Anyone that loves Portrait drawing
- Artists that want to learn subtle contrast techniques to create amazing portraits
- Anyone that loves the black and white effect
Colin Bradley became a professional artist in 1982 and opened his gallery in Broadstairs the same year. With 35+ years experience, 30,000 subscribers on YouTube and over 3 million views, his teaching has inspired people all around the world. Over the years, Colin has developed a range of unique techniques which you won’t find anywhere else.