Portrait & Beauty Retouching with Adobe Photoshop
- 2 hours on-demand video
- 1 article
- 1 downloadable resource
- Full lifetime access
- Access on mobile and TV
- Certificate of Completion
Get your team access to 4,000+ top Udemy courses anytime, anywhere.Try Udemy for Business
- Learn the fundamental and intermediate skills and tools in Photoshop to edit your portrait photos
- Adobe Photoshop CS4 or later
- Passion for portrait photography
- Willingness to learn :)
The Portrait & Beauty Retouching course will teach you the best tools in Photoshop to edit your portrait photos. Expert instructor Ben Wise will walk you through step by step video demonstrations to teach you everything you need to know to make your portraits look great.
Along with your course, you can download all of the image files used in the demo videos so that you can practice the new skills as we go.
The course will cover:
- Getting started with editing in Adobe Camera Raw
- Walk through to the Photoshop interface
- Introduction to using Layers
- Basic touchups to fix blemishes and lighting
- Detailed overview of the most common Adjustment Layers
- Sharpening Eyes
- Improving the texture and color of the skin
- Focusing on specific elements of the face (eyes, teeth and lips)
At the end, we will conclude the course by doing a full photo edit from start to finish to show how all of the different tools come together to make your portraits look amazing.
- Anyone interested in making their portrait photos look as best as possible
An overview of Camera Raw and the main benefits of shooting and editing with Raw files.
Learn how to navigate around the Camera Raw interface with the most important tools from the toolbar.
Learn the main options and settings for cropping your photo in the Camera Raw interface.
Learn all of the tools in the basic adjustments section of Camera Raw, including how to adjust white balance, changes to exposure and brightness/contrast, and improving saturation.
Please note that some of the names of the sliders in this section may vary depending on your version of Photoshop, but the functionality will be consistent with the lesson.
Learn how to add a creative vignette to your photos and make fine tuned adjustments to the effect.